Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > UW volleyball
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Nov 30, 2014 11:52 pm 
Brackets came out today. UW is the #3 seed overall. Hosting games thru the first 4 rounds if they keep winning. Hawaii and Nebraska are also in their region. Seems like those 2 are always in the same bracket with UW. Huskies have 2 injured starters that are questionable for the playoffs. They lost one of their setters (they use 2 in a platoon system) at the tail end of set 3 in a sweep against WSU in Pullman. Tough break for the player and the team.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Dec 01, 2014 2:32 pm 
10 out of the 12 teams in the Pac 12 Conference were selected for the playoffs. That's fairly amazing. It took a few years for Utah and Colorado to adjust to the increased competition level, but they are there now. Pac 12 and Big 10 take turns being the best conference, this year it was definitely the Pac.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 05, 2014 9:34 pm 
Huskies cruised in their first playoff match against a hopelessly outmatched New Hampshire team. Round 2 is a familiar opponent, Hawaii, who swept Duke surprisingly easily. Pac 12 is 9-0 in the opening round with Stanford about to make it 10-0. 3 teams have already played their 2nd round match, 2 of the 3 lost. Oregon is in the Sweet 16 and should be joined by more conference schools tomorrow.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Dec 06, 2014 10:33 pm 
UW beats Hawaii 3-1. Set 1 was close, Huskies struggled in set 2 and UH tied it at 1-1. Dawgs just rolled them in set 3 and 4. Next up is Nebraska...again. How is it that UW seems to meet the Huskers in the Tournament almost every year? Utah pushed Nebraska to 5 sets but couldn't pull it out. Huskies are hosting the Regional. The other match will be Florida St. vs. BYU. Five Pac 12 teams in the Sweet 16. Five others lost in the 2nd round. Not bad, but I was hoping for better. Oregon St. is the biggest surprise, but they had a fairly easy bracket.

Bogart

Bogart
PostTue Dec 09, 2014 10:45 pm 
Nice write up in the Seattle Times Sports section on Vansant today. Romar is mentioned in the article, and have seen him at multiple matches this year. Nice to see some support from other athletes at the UW for the volleyball program. Looking forward to Friday's match. Was able to attend the 1st & 2nd round matches, and will be there to see a great match on Friday.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostWed Dec 10, 2014 11:51 am 
Good article Bogart. up.gif

trestle

trestle
PostThu Dec 11, 2014 1:57 pm 
Thanks for keeping this updated! Great article on VanSant and can't wait till Friday!

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 12, 2014 7:47 pm 
Match is about to start, supposed to be on ESPNU...but men's soccer championship is going to overtime. I hate soccer. I've really tried to watch, but it's such a boring sport. So beginning of the match is getting pre-empted. Like almost every live sports event on ESPN. They are just horrible as far as that goes. They switch everything over to ESPN News, but I don't have that channel. Grr. My bad, it was only the semi-final. Providence was nice enough to deflect in an own goal in the 2nd OT to give UCLA the win.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 12, 2014 8:14 pm 
Huskies take set 1 25-20. Hec Ed looks pretty much packed to the rafters. BYU beat Florida St. 3-1 and is awaiting the winner of this match.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 12, 2014 8:44 pm 
Ugh. Huskies fell apart in set 2, looked terrible, I kept having to change the channel. Down 24-14, now they are rallying but it's too little too late. 24-18. Huh. 24-20. At least they have some momentum for set 3. 25-20 Nebraska, tied 1-1 going into the break. I don't like Nebraska. Dawgs need to get it going and play the way they are capable of playing.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 12, 2014 9:06 pm 
Dawgs stinking up the joint again in set 3. I can't watch this.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 12, 2014 9:27 pm 
Dug a big hole to start set 3, rallied late but couldn't quite make up the difference. Down 2-1. SOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating. Had a great season, about to fall flat on their face in the playoffs. Again.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 12, 2014 10:01 pm 
I couldn't watch any of set 4. It's over. Huskies went down in flames on their home court, in front of a big crowd 3-1. Best player in school history just finished her career. So disappointing. bawl.gif

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Dec 13, 2014 11:10 pm 
I feel some measure of vindication, BYU just handled Nebraska 3-0 to move on to the Final 4. The Huskers fans probably figured the Final 4 would be an automatic after beating UW. I believe it's BYU's first time ever. The rest of the teams are the usual suspects: Penn St., Stanford and Texas.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Dec 18, 2014 9:55 pm 
BYU beat Texas and freaking Penn St. beat Stanford. Penn St. has won 5 of the last 7 Championships and almost guaranteed they're going to make it 6 of 8. I am so sick of them winning the Title.