Forum Index > Trip Reports > Lower Gray Wolf Trail 3/27/2022
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Olympic Hiker

Olympic Hiker
PostMon Mar 28, 2022 11:36 am 
Since I had not hiked the Lower Gray Wolf trail starting from the old trailhead, I figured it would be the place to start. For some reason I thought that this section of trail was closer to the River, until it met up with the trail to the new trailhead, but alas, it wasn’t. Also, I remembered the trail much differently than when I last hiked it many years ago. I remembered the trail being closer to the river, but I guess memory does odd things when time is involved. Anyway, I hiked nearly to the end of the trail and found many picture opportunities in the last half mile or so of the trail. Before I began the walk back to my car, I ate some food and said howdy to another hiker who wanted to know what I had been taking pictures of since I hadn’t put my camera away yet. The river of course. On the way back to my car, I saw a couple of trilliums that were just starting to leaf out and some bleeding heart that were starting to grow. No flowers yet for either of the plants.

If you once forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem. - Lincoln

RAW-dad, meck, reststep, Hiking addict, JonnyQuest
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Hiking addict
Cooper Warpula

Hiking addict
Cooper Warpula
PostMon Mar 28, 2022 1:18 pm 
The Old Trail used to parallel the river until a series of washouts forced a reroute. Perhaps that's what you remember?

To have a good life, you need to take risks.
Olympic Hiker

Olympic Hiker
PostMon Mar 28, 2022 1:41 pm 
Perhaps it was.

If you once forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem. - Lincoln