Forum Index > Food & Grub > home made trail bars?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Nov 16, 2013 10:10 pm 
@ $17.22 per pound, I'd prefer some nice lamb chops or filet mignon. smile.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
hikr

hikr
PostSat Nov 16, 2013 10:23 pm 
something like this would be perfect: http://www.elanaspantry.com/date-walnut-bars/

hikr

hikr
PostSat Nov 16, 2013 10:24 pm 
I bet I could pay someone in culinary school to make this for me

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Nov 16, 2013 11:07 pm 
well... that or just check out sarbar's website and make your own.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
renegadepilgrim

renegadepilgrim
PostSun Nov 17, 2013 2:44 am 
I'm lazy and my time is worth more to allow me to be on the trail than in the kitchen making trail bars. smile.gif Someone did ask about local sourced pre-made options, so that's why I posted the local options. Have any of you tried Moose Goo? Sounds interesting and fairly easy to put together.

_____________________________ Travel Blog: http://renegadepilgrim.com Trail Reports: http://wenthiking.com/renegadepilgrim Instagram: renegadepilgrim
hikr

hikr
PostSun Nov 17, 2013 6:37 am 
@ski - I don't cook. Too much time, energy, and mess. @pilgrim - never really been a goo fan

Relax

Relax
PostSun Nov 17, 2013 7:25 am 
renegadepilgrim wrote:
I'm lazy and my time is worth more to allow me to be on the trail than in the kitchen making trail bars. smile.gif Someone did ask about local sourced pre-made options, so that's why I posted the local options. Have any of you tried Moose Goo? Sounds interesting and fairly easy to put together.
The more you cook the faster it goes and the better the product. Yea, the first time will be a bit slow, but after that it goes quickly. Or you could waste less time watching TV which the average Amercian all claims they don't do except every study says they do for multiple hours every day. rolleyes.gif That includes wasting time on the internet posting inane comments of, "I don't have time except I am such a hypocrite, I have the time to make this moronic post, showing the world what a hypocrite I am." Takes 10min to whip up food if you don't procrastinate and dally dink around. Just like going grocery shopping. Make a list as you run out that stays on the refrigerator that way when you go to the store or Costco, you know exactly what you need and shopping take 10-15minutes max instead of forever as the typical moron wanders down an isle wondering what if...

Relax

Relax
PostSun Nov 17, 2013 7:36 am 
hikr wrote:
@ski - I don't cook. Too much time, energy, and mess. @pilgrim - never really been a goo fan
Aw, need someone to hold your fork when you eat as well? That takes work as well. More pampering please! Oh wait, you started the thread asking for trail bar recipes. Confronted with a little work you say No? Can this world get any more absurd?

renegadepilgrim

renegadepilgrim
PostSun Nov 17, 2013 7:26 pm 
Relax wrote:
The more you cook the faster it goes and the better the product. Yea, the first time will be a bit slow, but after that it goes quickly. Or you could waste less time watching TV which the average Amercian all claims they don't do except every study says they do for multiple hours every day. rolleyes.gif That includes wasting time on the internet posting inane comments of, "I don't have time except I am such a hypocrite, I have the time to make this moronic post, showing the world what a hypocrite I am." Takes 10min to whip up food if you don't procrastinate and dally dink around. Just like going grocery shopping. Make a list as you run out that stays on the refrigerator that way when you go to the store or Costco, you know exactly what you need and shopping take 10-15minutes max instead of forever as the typical moron wanders down an isle wondering what if...
Let's see: I don't watch TV, except when shows are online. I hate commercials and am usually at work during any shows I would want to watch. I work nights, so I tend to have more time to "dink around" as you say because most of the time when I am up, the general public is not. Costco membership for a single person is a complete waste of money and time. Lazy was probably not the best word to use. I really don't have the time to grocery shop, much less cook. I go twice a month if I can find the time between work, extra side-work, volunteering and my outdoor pursuits. Usually it's more of a once a month deal, with a couple of short trips for milk or eggs. How I choose to spend my time and the value I place on that time is mine and mine alone. Just like how you spend your time and the value you place on that time. It's yours. Please do not pretend to know me or what my life is like. You have no idea. oh and p.s., it was hikr that started this thread, not ski, so maybe pay closer attention when you are calling someone absurd.

_____________________________ Travel Blog: http://renegadepilgrim.com Trail Reports: http://wenthiking.com/renegadepilgrim Instagram: renegadepilgrim