Forum Index > Trail Talk > Camping near Stevens Pass?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
hikerdan3369
Slave to The Gear

hikerdan3369
Slave to The Gear
PostTue Nov 20, 2012 10:22 pm 
There are some tent spots at Wallace Falls. Also Reiter Road between Gold Bar and Index is open again there are spots to be had.

If it were easy everybody would do it.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
iron

iron
PostWed Nov 21, 2012 12:10 am 
there's a rest stop 10-15 miles east of the pass. bathrooms and running water. they say no overnight stays, but i've never had a problem sleeping in my car there. it is kind of bright though, so bring something to cover your eyes or windshield.

mtngirl79

mtngirl79
PostWed Nov 21, 2012 3:22 am 
I have parked overnight at the pullout at Smithbrook Rd before with no ill effects except having to shovel a little to get out...

dave allyn

dave allyn
PostWed Nov 21, 2012 7:11 am 
The PCT crosses at Stevens Pass. Trailhead parking is the ski area parking lot. Leave your car there, walk as far down the trail as you like and camp.

Schroder

Schroder
PostWed Nov 21, 2012 7:44 am 
Be aware - skiing opened yesterday at Stevens and there are big crowds at the pass and parking is at a premium

ericande

ericande
PostWed Nov 21, 2012 1:17 pm 
I've parked overnight a couple times in the designated lot at Stevens and hiked up to the lake. Be aware on weekends that lot will fill up and you're SOL. Where is Smithbrook Rd?

GeoHiker
Rocky Walker

GeoHiker
Rocky Walker
PostWed Nov 21, 2012 5:01 pm 
Smithbrook Rd is about 4 miles east of the Summit on the westbound side. There's a large pull out area along the highway that's kept plowed by DOT. I'm not aware of any No Over Night Parking signs and never had any problem parking there over night. You will get plowed in if you get a dump of snow overnight, so be sure to have a shovel and tire chains. Nylon tow strap ($20) comes in handy if all you need is a short pull out of the snow.

You call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye......Eagles
ericande

ericande
PostWed Dec 05, 2012 11:33 am 
We're heading up towards Steven's Pass to go camping this weekend. Our first choice is to try and get overnight parking at the Steven's lot but I need a backup if that's full. It sounds like something off Foss River Rd is our best bet. We're going up in the dark though, does anyone have specific directions to get to someplace we can overnight down there somewhere?

GeoHiker
Rocky Walker

GeoHiker
Rocky Walker
PostWed Dec 05, 2012 12:04 pm 
Easiest spot to reach near Skykomish if all you're looking for is a quick over night stay would be Money Creek CG. It's located about 2 miles W. of Skykomish across the river on Highway 2. There's pull off room at several spots. It's closed for the season, but you can walk your gear a short distance to the camping spots that front the road. Bathrooms and garbage containers will be locked up, so pack in, pack out. No snow yet, but that might change by the weekend. If you would like to get farther off the highway there are a number of camping spots up the Beckler River Rd. FS 65 about 1/2 mile east of Skykomish. Closed CG about 2 miles in and any side spur on your left will lead to camping on the river. Large group camping area at mile 5 at the pavement end/junction with Rapid R.-Beckler R. I doubt you'll have any problem finding open spots though out.....smile.gif

You call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye......Eagles