Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Is this Washington's favorite illegal camping spot?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
huron

huron
PostFri Jan 25, 2013 10:40 pm 

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostFri Jan 25, 2013 11:10 pm 
Pretty sure this isn't just Washington - especially since I always see the asshats with California plates doing it. doh.gif

touron

touron
PostSat Jan 26, 2013 12:00 am 
lol.gif up.gif

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Bogart

Bogart
PostSat Jan 26, 2013 1:39 am 
Not to rain on your parade, but that would only be an infraction if they were impeding the flow of traffic. There are a few different sections of the RCW and WAC that define the basic speed rules, speed limits, and flow of traffic. But, as common sense would imply, the 'flow of traffic' cannot exceed a posted speed limit. Yes, according to RCW 46.61.100 they shall be further right - but only an infraction when the flow of traffic is impeded.

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostSat Jan 26, 2013 8:25 am 
WA has the worse left-lane offenders in the history of civilization. OR is a close second. My native bud explained it this way: WA drivers think "it's safe over there." I've learned to roll with it.

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostSat Jan 26, 2013 8:34 am 
BigSteve wrote:
WA has the worse left-lane offenders in the history of civilization. OR is a close second
And that's a fact! Especially noticeable as soon as I approach the WA/ID border on 90 or WA/OR border on 5. And what's worse is the number of WA plates I'm now seeing at home in ND, and the SAME behavior carries with them! GRRRR!

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Spotly

Spotly
PostSat Jan 26, 2013 9:20 am 
Bogart wrote:
Not to rain on your parade, but that would only be an infraction if they were impeding the flow of traffic. There are a few different sections of the RCW and WAC that define the basic speed rules, speed limits, and flow of traffic. But, as common sense would imply, the 'flow of traffic' cannot exceed a posted speed limit. Yes, according to RCW 46.61.100 they shall be further right - but only an infraction when the flow of traffic is impeded.
Wow - common sense says that sitting in the left lane with your cruise on 55 is technically legal. Well if common sense says so then you won't hear me bitching anymore. And hey, if it's legal, must be right!

touron

touron
PostSat Jan 26, 2013 9:32 am 
People choose to camp in the left lane for the same reason they chose their campsite in the mountains: quiet, pristine, few interruptions. down.gif The right lane has people constantly entering and exiting, plus since it is most heavily traveled, the surface is rougher--more noise, difficult to hear your heavy metal cds. down.gif The middle lane has cars trying to get out of the terrible right lane, plus left laners that suddenly realize there exit is only 1/8 mile behind them and they need to exit NOW! up.gif The left lane is quiet, pristine, few interruptions.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Daryl
Big Shot Economist

Daryl
Big Shot Economist
PostSat Jan 26, 2013 9:59 am 
yeah, i find it far easier to text while driving when doing the speed limit in the left lane.

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostSat Jan 26, 2013 10:09 am 
BigSteve wrote:
My native bud explained it this way: WA drivers think "it's safe over there."
Exhibit A:
touron wrote:
up.gif The left lane is quiet, pristine, few interruptions.
But the law is this: RCW 46.61.100 Keep right except when passing, etc:
Quote:
(1) Upon all roadways of sufficient width a vehicle shall be driven upon the right half of the roadway, except as follows: (a)[b][i] When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction under the rules governing such movement; (b) When an obstruction exists making it necessary to drive to the left of the center of the highway; provided, any person so doing shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles traveling in the proper direction upon the unobstructed portion of the highway within such distance as to constitute an immediate hazard; (c) Upon a roadway divided into three marked lanes and providing for two-way movement traffic under the rules applicable thereon; (d) Upon a street or highway restricted to one-way traffic; or (e) Upon a highway having three lanes or less, when approaching a stationary authorized emergency vehicle, tow truck or other vehicle providing roadside assistance while operating warning lights with three hundred sixty degree visibility, or police vehicle as described under *RCW 46.61.212(2).

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostSat Jan 26, 2013 10:33 am 
I admit it i generally camp in the right lane. But i travel the freeway during off peak hours. It's not the end of the world if some one is gonna merge in front of me from the on ramp. However on ramp lollygagers are painfully obvious and it is easy to predict who is gonna try to merge with freeway speed traffic at school zone speeds then accelerate. The solution to avoid slamming on the breaks...change lanes. Of course as a former 4 season motorcycle commuter my situational awareness may be higher than the average motorist.

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostSat Jan 26, 2013 10:38 am 

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Jan 26, 2013 11:45 am 
Left lane lolly gaggers bother me as well, but I have no problems with getting into the middle or right lane and passing.

touron

touron
PostSat Jan 26, 2013 11:48 am 
BigSteve wrote:
Exhibit A:
touron wrote:
up.gif The left lane is quiet, pristine, few interruptions.
But the law is this: [snip]
"But Your Honor, I had a camping permit, valid for three days, hanging from my mirror. I've only been in that lane for half an hour." angel.gif

mtngirl79

mtngirl79
PostSat Jan 26, 2013 12:04 pm 
Bellingham, and especially north of Bellingham to the border has two lanes, but not a slow lane and fast lane or a driving lane and a passing lane. Its a Washington lane and a Canadian lane.