Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
GeoHiker
Rocky Walker

GeoHiker
Rocky Walker
PostTue May 07, 2013 11:39 pm 
The Angry Hiker wrote:
I currently have at least 17 ticks on various parts of my body, including one that latched onto my left testicle during a Heather Lake hike in '88. I named him "Henry" and sometimes he sings to me at night.
Ticks like to climb in your ear, so make sure they don't get in there. You'll really hear some singing. They'll set up home and you'll be hatching out a ton of ticks for years to come. That's why E.WA is so bad now. All the Seattle people have been coming over here spewing out ticks where ever they roam ogling over the latest wild flower or piece of sage brush. If you pour 151 rum in your ear and light it on fire that will kill ticks. TAH, I suggest you take care of Henry or you may go insane. agree.gif Ear ticks are bad enough, can't imagine what they would do to you your nether regions......so very sad!.....smile.gif

You call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye......Eagles
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Jetlag

Jetlag
PostWed May 08, 2013 5:55 pm 
Drove in to Dotsero, Colorado, in the middle of the night - the motel there may have been the world epicenter of tickdom. All of us were afflicted, even those who showed resistance in other tick-infested locales. We climbed out of Spider Valley into the Holy Cross wilderness, the 2nd most tick-saturated place I've visited. Bald Hills, Washington is the 3rd.

mepokeu

mepokeu
PostWed May 08, 2013 6:06 pm 
only thing worse than ticks are botfly larvae. I didnt know about the species until my dog had a small wound on its stomach. After observing the would i realized something was alive inside. After trying various methods from online i ended up just squeezing really hard and the botfly larvae popped out. My dog got the parasite somewhere near puyallup.