Forum Index > Pacific NW History > The Golden Tunnel
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Ringangleclaw

Ringangleclaw
PostSat Jun 13, 2015 6:34 am 
Snowbrushy wrote:
xman_reborn wrote:
If Asshat#1 hadn't posted the pictures and locale, Asshat#2 would not have had an interest in stealing them.
Many years ago, Underground Explorations themselves published the first pictures for general public consumption in book form and by leading a helicopter broadcast on local TV, replete with video photography of the area. The regional interest was born at that time. And everything since that time can be blamed on Pandora (Pandora's Box). They opened it.
I think I have a handle on who the real asshat is on this thread

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Jake

Jake
PostSat Jun 13, 2015 9:17 am 
You’re pushing the blame here snowbushy. We published the pictures in the book, the news did the television piece without showing any prominent landmarks that would give the location away, and at the request of the U. S. Forest Service we kept the location secret. You broke the code of honor when you took advantage of someone who considered you a friend and let you copy the detailed report which you spread all over Hell’s half acre. The location is out because of your actions, not because of us. The repulsive betrayal you did to Greg Cady is bad enough without trying to blame Northwest Underground Explorations for this.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostSat Jun 13, 2015 9:44 am 
That map has never gone anywhere but inside a safe deposit box. It was not spread anywhere, although I wanted it public so hikers wouldn't get lost trying to find the place. You can thank Tom for not allowing it's posting here. And hikers are still getting lost, no doubt.

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
Jake

Jake
PostSat Jun 13, 2015 9:53 am 
I haven't heard of anyone getting lost up there, but Thanks Tom! Much appreciated. And what you say is not true. I'd guess you have spilled it all to many people who Pm or E-mailed you off the site.

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostSat Jun 13, 2015 11:46 am 
Jake wrote:
I'd guess you have spilled it all to many people who Pm or E-mailed you off the site.
All. I have never been a part of Underground Explorations. It seems like they are a great mountain history group. My loyalties since childhood are to the responsible hiking community and things like The 10 essentials, and Be Prepared, etc.. A map is a big part of that, hence things like USGS, Green Trails maps, and Forest Service maps. On the other hand, I believe that Jake is more a part of a history community and his work is epic. Jake, you've guessed wrong. Honestly, two folks contacted me long ago who were going to the mountain anyway and got very general location info. from me in the hope that they would travel safely. I no longer do that. You yourself first must have given directions to a helicopter crew who broadcast it regionally. If there is Original Sin here it rests with you.

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
Jake

Jake
PostSat Jun 13, 2015 1:27 pm 
The forest service provided the helicopter. Not us. Everything was at their request and on their dime. We felt, and still do that the site needed protection from vandals and thieves and disclosed the location to the forest service along with a short report (that you conned Greg Cady out of). When Jan Holenbeck the MBSNF archeologist at the time wanted to see the site, we took her in using the forest service provided chopper. At that time I gave Jan the finished report and inventory. Why some hikers would need you to provide them with a USGS or Green Trails map is beyond me, but if you say so... Now that we've both had our say, can we move on and forget this fiasco?

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostSat Jun 13, 2015 8:36 pm 
Jake wrote:
Why some hikers would need you to provide them with a USGS or Green Trails map is beyond me
The question is why not? I'm into full disclosure. What is wrong with a USGS map that shows the trail as, Pack Trail? It's not artifacts. Too heavy.

Lookout Billerina

Lookout Billerina
PostSat Jun 13, 2015 8:38 pm 
It's baaaa-a-a-a-ack!! Jan's name is spelled Hollenbeck. It was "Jimbo"'s post of 9/18/2013 at 9:02 AM that sent me over the edge with rage. Tom and others had been trying to stem the REAL culprit for years. It's name is "Snowbrushy". I got that character's number immediately way back in 2010 or whenever the original string began. Anyone who can't even cope with the intricacies of an apostrophe is obviously inept in any case ("You can thank Tom for not allowing it's posting here."). OK "Jimbo", if you want to post maps and pictures, why not? Apparently *real* concern for our so-called PNW History is a joke on this forum, so I helped everyone out.

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostSat Jun 13, 2015 8:47 pm 
Lookout Billerina wrote:
Tom and others had been trying to stem the REAL culprit for years.
Oh.That was never mentioned to me. It sounds nicely passive aggressive to me. Not to worry my copy of the map is to be burned when I go, and I bow out of this. Be safe out there. wave.gif

Jimbo

Jimbo
PostSun Jun 14, 2015 5:07 pm 
Jimbo = Out Law..

Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
Ringangleclaw

Ringangleclaw
PostSun Jun 14, 2015 8:25 pm 
Jimbo wrote:
Jimbo = Out Law..
1%er? Kind of like Sons of Anarchy?

xman_reborn

xman_reborn
PostSun Jun 14, 2015 9:08 pm 
Ringangleclaw wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
Jimbo = Out Law..
don't go there

Ringangleclaw

Ringangleclaw
PostSun Jun 14, 2015 9:15 pm 
xman_reborn wrote:
Ringangleclaw wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
Jimbo = Out Law..
don't go there
Tell that to Gemma Teller

Jimbo

Jimbo
PostMon Jun 15, 2015 5:19 am 
And only 1 % have been there, you ? And the Bitch got was she deserved didn't she nopity.gif

Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians