Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Top Craft Breweries (Resupply, YES!)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostFri Apr 12, 2013 6:16 pm 
Interesting to note (in the link to the link) that some of the top "craft breweries" are also listed in the top overall breweries in sales. Good representation by Deschutes and Sierra Nevada, both of which figure in my rotation. (Just enjoyed a Friday Night Torpedo by SN!) drink.gif Top Craft Breweries

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostFri Apr 12, 2013 6:46 pm 
I have a hard time considering Sam Adams a craft beer company, but definitely good to see Deschutes and New Belgium represented on there.

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostSat Apr 13, 2013 5:50 am 
My current favorite is Ninkasi, "Total Domination" IPA. Most excellent!

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
furthur
Berry Bagger

furthur
Berry Bagger
PostSat Apr 13, 2013 8:17 am 
Best selling, so smart marketing and timely capture of public whim factors into this list. But, Christmas isn't a holiday without our standby Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. Yes, I'm a heathen. Mainly, I want to plug (market) our excellent local brewer: http://www.americanbrewing.com/

"You're either on the bus or off the bus." Kesey
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostSat Apr 13, 2013 1:34 pm 
moonspots wrote:
My current favorite is Ninkasi, "Total Domination" IPA. Most excellent!
Indeed, that's good stuff. Sooooo many great little breweries around now. You can drink a different beer every night for a month and still have selection left over. If any of you get the chance, visit Diamond Knot brewery down in Georgetown/SODO. Great food, excellent beer. IMO, Sam Adams is not a craft brewery. They're one of the best mass-market brewers though. Red Hook started out as a craft brewery, as did Sierra Nevada and Deschutes but again, IMO, they've all outgrown that distinction. Doesn't mean they don't make really good beers though. To me a craft brewery is a small operation where the owner is probably the brewmaster and they're still experimenting with different recipes and techniques and coming up with unique and limited offerings available only in local areas. Once they grow to the point where they have a standardized recipe or 5 that get wide distribution over half the country (or more) I don't see them as craft brewers any more. NTTIAWWT. Just a distinction of terminology.

marta
wildflower maven

marta
wildflower maven
PostSat Apr 13, 2013 4:38 pm 
Quote:
Sooooo many great little breweries around now. You can drink a different beer every night for a month and still have selection left over
I agree. There seems to be new breweries popping up everyday. There is a great selection both available bottled/canned and on top in the Seattle area. I don't get denoting Sam Adams as a craft beer. If they are going to include them - why not Pyramid or Red Hook? I just got back from Tucson and there was an interesting mix on tap. Several from Tucson and Phoenix but also a good selection from Colorado. The only non - Rocky/Desert/East brews tended to be Deschutes, Stone and Sierra Nevada. My fave was Dragoon, a local Tucson brewery who did several in Saison style. All were very tasty. Locally - Two Beers Evolution IPA is pretty good also.

wolfs

wolfs
PostSat Apr 13, 2013 4:47 pm 
If you want seriously niche beer (they call themselves a nanobrewery) go check out NW Peaks in Ballard (just off Leary, not far from Maritime and TJs). Growlers only no bottles (or just one bottle option at least). I like their mountain theme.

Z
Erratic

Z
Erratic
PostWed Jul 24, 2013 7:17 pm 
jason wrote:
beer, yuk. ale, mmmmmmmmmm...
confused.gif All ales are beer, but not all beers are ales.

"Einstein stating that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, is as a blind man stating that nothing can travel faster than the speed of sound" 1979 They don't make years like they used to.
mgd

mgd
PostWed Jul 24, 2013 7:26 pm 
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostWed Jul 24, 2013 8:21 pm 
Washington is a great place to live right now if you like good beer. Craft breweries are popping up everywhere. Washington, with 161, is second only to California, 300, as far as who has the most craft breweries right now. Most of the country thinks a Growler is a bear, not a reusable container for drinking fresh beer in an environmentally responsible way. This SHOULD be beer central, most of the good hops grown in the U.S. are from Eastern Washington. Combine that with local barley, and insanely good water, you have the makings for world class beer. Local favorites for me would include; LaConner IPA ( La Conner) NoLi Born and Raised (Spokane) Harmon Expedition (Tacoma) Scuttlebutt Hoptopia (Everett) American Brewing Flying Monkey (Edmonds) Georgetown Lucille (Seattle)

RichP

RichP
PostWed Jul 24, 2013 8:29 pm 
The Whoop Ass Double IPA from Silver City Brewing Co in Silverdale in my fav but it's hard to find in Seattle. I agree that we live in a fantastic beer area.

RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostThu Jul 25, 2013 9:31 am 
More in my neck of the woods, from North Coast Brewing in Fort Bragg we have this nectar:

don't believe everything you think
Z
Erratic

Z
Erratic
PostThu Jul 25, 2013 9:38 am 
Wonder if BigSteve drinks that?

"Einstein stating that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, is as a blind man stating that nothing can travel faster than the speed of sound" 1979 They don't make years like they used to.
stever

stever
PostThu Jul 25, 2013 11:36 am 
I can't believe no one has mentioned the multiple award winning Black Raven Brewing and beers in Redmond. SR

Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostThu Jul 25, 2013 3:01 pm 
The list was based upon sales volume...not on taste. It is apparent that sales volume is not necessarily a good indicator of taste and quality.

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.