Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Top Craft Breweries (Resupply, YES!)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostThu Jul 25, 2013 5:45 pm 
North Coast Brewing makes a range of good stuff. And they are available in the land of socked sandal wearers! up.gif This one is quite potent!

don't believe everything you think
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Opus
Wannabe

Opus
Wannabe
PostThu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm 
I've started keeping an empty growler in my car when I drive out to trailheads. So many good places along the way. Skagit, Skookum, or Chuckanut up north. Black Raven, Issaquah Brewhouse, Icicle, Roslyn Brewing east. Airways, Walking Man down south. Fremont Brewing has a great outdoor beer garden, now with canvas tents for shade too!

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Jul 25, 2013 10:51 pm 
I had a very good IPA at the Icicle Brewing Co in Leavenworth, although I might have been a bit biased after 5 days in the woods with the Gnome. hmmm.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostFri Jul 26, 2013 11:05 am 
Indeed, Chief Joseph. Icicle Brewery has a delicious offering - Bootjack IPA. It's served at Mission Ridge and a few other places throughout the Wenatchee Valley. I far prefer Bootjack over the Dirty Face Amber, another popular brew of theirs. Another up.gif up.gif up.gif for any beer I've tried from Fremont Brewery. I think the last one I had was their Universale.

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostFri Jul 26, 2013 11:58 am 
Another up.gif for Bootjack IPA. Bought myself a big bottle at the Mazama grocery store. Tasty!

jbsimm2
WWLD?

jbsimm2
WWLD?
PostFri Jul 26, 2013 1:11 pm 
Anybody notice that IPA's (which are my favorite) are on they way out, and craft lagers are the new en vogue? I've been seing them more and more.

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostFri Jul 26, 2013 7:13 pm 
stever wrote:
I can't believe no one has mentioned the multiple award winning Black Raven Brewing and beers in Redmond.
Black Raven doesn't bottle their brew, unfortunately - same with Mac & Jacks - so they don't get the same kind of recognition.
jbsimm2 wrote:
Anybody notice that IPA's (which are my favorite) are on they way out, and craft lagers are the new en vogue? I've been seing them more and more.
I can't say I've seen more craft lagers (gross), but it seems like there are fewer true dark (like Double Stouts) craft beers popping up. And this is wrong (and probably related to the fact that the majority of Americans think that watered down urine like Bud/Coors/Miller etc is actually Beer, and are hence apprehensive about dark beers).

Opus
Wannabe

Opus
Wannabe
PostFri Jul 26, 2013 7:35 pm 
I've seen a lot of "session" style IPAs from various breweries lately. Fremont has their 77 Select, Two Beers has one called "ISA", and I've seen a few more. Trying to deliver the hoppiness of an IPA with lower alcohol content so people can drink more. Myself, I'd rather just have one less good strong beer like a Black Raven Trickster or Boundary Bay IPA. But I guess there's a market for it. I had an IPL (India Pale Lager) at Fish Tale Brewing a few weeks ago. Didn't really care for it, but then I haven't had many lagers.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Jul 26, 2013 7:41 pm 
Anyone had Dogfish heat 120 min.? or Pliny the Elder?

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
mike

mike
PostFri Jul 26, 2013 8:53 pm 
jason wrote:
hands down best ales i have ever had are rogue ales out of portland.
Rogue Juniper Ale up.gif (and they're in Newport I think)

Lono

Lono
PostSat Jul 27, 2013 9:13 am 
Malachai Constant wrote:
Anyone had Dogfish heat 120 min.? or Pliny the Elder?
I was down in Santa Rosa for a few days and stayed in a house walking distance from the Russian River brew pub - a busy place, but I had almost nothing better to do except eat their chicken wings and drink my way through their long list of tasty brews. I had about 3 Pliny to start with then drank my way thru the *tion series ( Damnation, Sanctification, etc). Not all in one session, but I got to know a lovely waitress and met friendly folks and the second night they sent me off with a couple shirts and a hat. Pliny was great on tap but after a few it was wasted on me, and actually for a drinkers beer I prefer their Blind Pig IPA. My dream bar would have both on tap. Definitely the kind of visit you appreciate having a bed in walking distance to the bar.

Navy salad

Navy salad
PostMon Jul 29, 2013 10:50 pm 
+1 on the Brother Thelonious

polecatjoe
Silent but deadly

polecatjoe
Silent but deadly
PostTue Jul 30, 2013 7:18 am 
The new liquor superstore in Lynnwood, Total Wine, Beer, Spirits and More (I know; stupid name) has a growler station with 24 beers from different micro breweries on tap. They rotate them out, getting new ones pretty frequently. I got some Sculpin IPA from Ballast Point Brewery out of San Diego, and Alaska Brewing's Hopothermia. Both were quite tasty. up.gif

"If we didn't live venturously, plucking the wild goat by the beard, and trembling over precipices, we should never be depressed, I've no doubt; but already should be faded, fatalistic and aged." - Virginia Woolf
RichP

RichP
PostTue Jul 30, 2013 8:56 am 
Speaking of places to get beer, Chuck's Hop Shop will be opening another store in Central Seattle at 20th & Union. http://chucks85th.com/

fox212
lost in the woods...

fox212
lost in the woods...
PostTue Jul 30, 2013 9:29 am 
Malachai Constant wrote:
Anyone had Dogfish heat 120 min.?
Dogfish Head. I've tried all of their IPA's and the 120min is truly the "holy grail for hopheads." I prefer the 60min, more balanced IMO. Also I agree with Sore Feet that there seem to be less true dark beers, and it is sad. However I did try an excellent Imperial Stout from Birdsview Brewing Co last time I was there. Delicious. up.gif