Forum Index > Trip Reports > Guye Peak and a dog rescue on Red Mountain April 14th, 2013
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostThu Apr 25, 2013 4:50 pm 
Thanks. That's a touching photo of Blue waiting under the tree.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostFri Apr 26, 2013 3:55 pm 
Really nice work. Blue's a beautiful dog... And the Peaks meetup is a pretty good group. I've climbed with them and enjoyed it in the past. wink.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
wolffie

wolffie
PostMon Jun 24, 2013 2:38 pm 
Blue is back on the trail. I met Blue and Joy's partner last weekend up the Teanaway. I can't imagine what it's like to go through a loss like that -- my turn has not come yet -- and it's a form of protective denial, when people have to face a tragedy like this, to worry about their animals -- but I had this dark idea of this outdoor dog being taken in by, say, elderly family members whose idea of a walk is a loop around the block, and spending the rest of his(?) life trapped indoors. I don't know how dogs adapt to the loss of their best friend, but Blue is still making tracks in the Cascades, and that must be a big comfort to Joy and those she leaves behind. Dog people worry about what happens to their animal friends if they go first. Thanks again to the rescuers. The rest of us: when we get the chance, let's try to do the right thing.

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
Opus
Wannabe

Opus
Wannabe
PostMon Jun 24, 2013 2:56 pm 
Blue is really getting out there! We ran into them on the top of Earl Peak last Saturday. Maybe we ran into you too.
Blue and friend
Blue and friend