Forum Index > Support & Feedback > User Search?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostMon May 06, 2013 4:57 pm 
I know how to manually search. But I think nwhikers could benefit from having in the member section a real search that allows me to type the username of the person.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostMon May 06, 2013 10:49 pm 
Other than making more work for the site admins, how would this feature be overwhelmingly more useful than the current set up if you already know the username of the person?

PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostTue May 07, 2013 10:23 am 
It's a request, if they don't want to do the work, they will simply ignore this. wink.gif That's how the web developers I've worked with roll. While nwhikers is pretty good right now, it could use some more additions to make things more accessible or better for posting. Regarding the member search idea: It would save a few steps. One would not have to select a letter from a drop down box, hit control f, type the name. All these steps could be eliminated (well except for typing the name). A few hours of a admins work can save days of the communities time. Now in this example it's not as noticeable but on some posting scenario's this is certainly true.

Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostWed May 08, 2013 10:02 pm 
I understand that in general website improvements can save considerable time. I just fail to understand how the improvement you are suggesting would do so. If you don't have time for those two extra clicks, perhaps nwhikers shouldn't be on your "to do" list that particular day?

PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostWed May 08, 2013 10:10 pm 
Innovation Yana, every little bit helps. I find using the private message system a little bit user unfriendly considering that you can't see what your replying to unless you quote it. It doesn't help that I can be a little bit meticulous with my messages hence wanting to see above the things I'm replying to. Other little bits are the template could use some modernization. It certainly ain't bad, especially back when it was made. But things have improved, styling has gotten a lot easier as far as I understand. For those wondering why I bring all these things up, it's the little things that make the fine details of a work of art.