Forum Index > Food & Grub > HA! MRE's at a great price
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Jun 16, 2013 6:21 pm 
I just picked up 40 cases of MRE's (new) for 900.00! That's 480 meals. I cant believe it. That's a fantastic price. Shipping for free too! up.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostSun Jun 16, 2013 7:29 pm 
Are ya gonna share your source...or are ya just rubbing it in? clown.gif

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Jun 16, 2013 8:42 pm 
Hulksmash wrote:
Are ya gonna share your source...or are ya just rubbing it in? clown.gif
Hulkster, it was a guy on ebay. He said that he bought a storage unit sight unseen and it was full of hundreds of cases. He's on there now. There is one lot of 33 cases left for 985.00. Here you go. ebay MREs

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Hitman

Hitman
PostTue Jun 18, 2013 11:42 am 
http://www.mreinfo.com/us/mre/mre-menus.html This is a great website for information about MRE's. I use the menu so I know what's in what MRE. Just look at the pack date on the box and use the menu for that date. I like to mix and match MRE's so the menu helps me find what I actually want to take with me on a trip. It sucks to just grab an MRE only to discover you don't want to eat anything inside of it.

contour5

contour5
PostTue Jun 18, 2013 11:58 am 
Interesting. The price isn't bad if they're edible. I hope you'll bust a few out and give us a taste-testing review. I wonder how the Chicken Fajita compares to the MH product? Might actually be the MH product, cleverly disguised? What do these meals weigh individually? They used to be a little on the heavy side, I'm wondering if they've decreased the weight much.

Hitman

Hitman
PostTue Jun 18, 2013 3:00 pm 
contour5 wrote:
Interesting. The price isn't bad if they're edible. I hope you'll bust a few out and give us a taste-testing review. I wonder how the Chicken Fajita compares to the MH product? Might actually be the MH product, cleverly disguised? What do these meals weigh individually? They used to be a little on the heavy side, I'm wondering if they've decreased the weight much.
The MRE Chicken Fajita is very bland, you can spice it up and make it taste better. I have never had the MH Chicken Fajita, but it's probably similar. The MRE comes with it's own Tortilla's, to that's a bonus. MRE's weight about 1.5lbs on average depending on the menu, and whats in the MRE. The weight hasn't really changed much over the years. If anything they may be a tad heavier. Best practice is to strip them down if you plan to use them in the backcountry. I usually ditch the main entree, unless it's something I really like.

Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostTue Jun 18, 2013 6:48 pm 
How long will it take you to eat all of those? Perhaps a little resale with markup?

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Aug 29, 2013 2:51 pm 
Aa it turned out I (and a few others) got scammed. eBay gave me my money back when the product never came. Since then Ive gotten ten other cases at higher prices.