Forum Index > Gear Talk > Repairing jacket burn holes
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
mountainsandsound

mountainsandsound
PostTue Sep 13, 2016 6:07 pm 
I was negligent at a campfire and an ember jumped onto my synthetic puffy leaving a quarter sized hole and some melted fabric around the hole. I imagine tenacious tape would work but does anyone know if you can get a more permanent/aesthetically pleasing repair job? Maybe a piece of rip stop nylon and some adhesive? I am proficient with gear making and repair, so I don't mind a more involved fix if it will last longer and look better. Thanks.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Sep 13, 2016 6:25 pm 
A couple years ago I got a little too close to a propane heater and burned a hole the size of a grapefruit on the left shoulder and arm of my Marmot parka. I took it out to Karen with a piece of heavy black nylon - as close as I could get to the original fabric - and she effected a very nice repair to both the sleeve and the smaller hole I'd melted in it near one of the side pockets. Unless you are willing to pay a seamstress to completely dismantle the thing and then sew it back together, your "baffling" is going to get a wee bit compromised. Ardesson's Shoe Repair 9635 Gravelly Lake Dr SW, Tacoma, WA 98499 253 588 8949 http://www.ardessons.com/ photos here

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message