Forum Index > Trip Reports > Dosewallips troad, Olympics
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ranger rock
One of the boys

ranger rock
One of the boys
PostWed Oct 02, 2013 12:26 pm 
I wanted to see the falls after all the recent rain, so I took one last chance to go to ONP before it all got shut down. There is no real damage to the road from the recent rains. I made a really nice video trip report and then it all got lost when it was being rendered and I'm too tired to redo it now! http://mosswalks.blogspot.com/2013/10/dosewallips-hours-before-parks-shut-down.html The falls were really nice.
video is in the process of being stablized by youtube, it will look better in about five minutes.. I'm really sore after this hike and don't understand why unless it was all the weight I carried out. It was an eleven mile hike, so slightly longer than what I have been doing lately, but no where near as steep.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
ranger rock
One of the boys

ranger rock
One of the boys
PostWed Oct 02, 2013 8:24 pm 
Okay here is a video trip report.. it's a bit rough in a couple of places
Youtube will have it stabilized in about half an hour.

mhlSilverdale

mhlSilverdale
PostMon Oct 07, 2013 7:21 am 
I was going to hike into Dose Forks to spend the night and work on my wet-wood fire building skills (excuse to roast hot dogs). But decided after packing, I didn't want to risk the closure issues after reading a thread on Trail Talk. After seeing your boots totally covered in mud from crossing the washout, it made missing this outing a bit easier. - thanks

While some people seem preoccupied with the path, I've come to the conclusion I'm already there. It's just not perfect and it doesn't last an eternity... -author