Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Idaho Wants All Federal Lands
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostThu Feb 11, 2016 10:19 pm 
contour5 wrote:
Quote:
If anything their crimes are worse; Not only are the occupiers terrorists, but they are traitors and seditionists to boot!
They are merely idiots. Rebels without a clue. Self interested delusional morons masquerading as patriot-hero constitutional justice warriors. And now they want a free pizza.
I posted earlier in this thread about the laws covering treason and sedition, and the description of both fits the occupiers to a T. Seditious Conspiracy:
Quote:
If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.
Treason:
Quote:
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
Treason might be a bit of a stretch, though I think it might be made to stick. If not, there are plenty of other juicy bits of Title 18 that do a grand job of describing the exploits of the occupiers.
contour5 wrote:
I don't think there was ever any danger of the government collapsing as a result of these kooks waving their weapons around. They intimidated local and federal employees and made a big mess. They occupied a remote refuge and stole a few cars.
It is a mistake to dismiss the occupation and the attitudes and intentions of the people who participated, as well as those who share their opinions and goals. A year ago it was Cliven Bundy and his Cattle, this year they tried to seize control of a major wildlife refuge. What would next year bring if they had been victorious in their latest battle? If they receive lenient punishments, who is to say that some other delusional idiot won't try the same thing somewhere else? That the intimidation, the theft, destruction, etc. occurred in a rural area does not make it any less serious than if it had taken place in a major city.
contour5 wrote:
The land grabber agenda has been permanently tarnished by this whole circus of stupidity. I see the outcome as a major win for conservation of federal lands.
I agree with you there; the one good thing to come out of all of this was the way it united the nation against these people and their causes.

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts
Huge Member
PostThu Feb 11, 2016 11:49 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
Not sure if I want to return to Okanogan County if it is going to turn into some kind of a whacko area. Say it aint so.....
Probably best you don't leave the house since there's probably all kind of people out there who think differently than you do.

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostFri Feb 12, 2016 5:27 am 

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Feb 12, 2016 6:39 am 
contour5 wrote:
Quote:
Slugman wrote: I suggest sending them to Guantanamo Bay, where they will not be tortured, but will be waterboarded a whole lot. It's only fitting that we treat all terrorists equally, even if they do wear cowboy hats instead of turbans!
What would this accomplish? Beyond a rah! rah! overt display of sadism? Waterboarding is terrorism. The idea is to sufficiently terrorize someone (through fear of drowning) until they are so traumatized that they are willing to give up their secrets. The land grab militants don't have any secrets of any particular value. Despite their various faults; they are pretty up front about their agenda. Waterboarding would likely provide no information of any value whatsoever. Why not make the punishment fit the crime?
I think it is dishonest to quote my post but leave off the winky emoticon which clearly indicated that was sarcastic humor. I was making fun of these morons for being of the ideology that says waterboarding is not torture, and that terrorists do not get lawyers or trials. Then you go on and on as if my post was serious, making your whole post a complete waste of time based only on the dishonesty.

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostFri Feb 12, 2016 6:56 am 
contour5 wrote:
The land grab militants - they are pretty up front about their agenda.
Not. For an hour yesterday David Fry ranted about Syria, abortion, UFO's, pot, and gun rights (thank you Dave),etc, erc, but he never once mentioned the supposed real talking points - the BLM and landlord/tenant issues. The topic never came up, with his own gun held to his head. And it makes you wonder what the real back story is about this creepy ordeal.

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Feb 12, 2016 7:22 am 
MyFootHurts wrote:
treeswarper wrote:
Not sure if I want to return to Okanogan County if it is going to turn into some kind of a whacko area. Say it aint so.....
Probably best you don't leave the house since there's probably all kind of people out there who think differently than you do.
You don't know me very well, do you. I live in the midst of an area that thinks differently on political things than I do. Signs promoting Jesus and getting "saved" are common around here. Nobody but Republicans can be elected in Lewis County. There's a difference between thinking and acting. One can live amongst others of different beliefs and get along if all are polite and believe in lawful change, not threatening violence. It sounds like Detro--who I think is from a successful western clothing store family, wants to create another situation in Okanogan County. They are calling for their sheriff to declare his independence from the rest of the country. He's spoiling for a fight and those fights cost money. Okanogan County is not a prosperous area. In fact, it may be getting poorer because the Colville tribe just shut down their mill in Omak. Sounds like he wants to lose more money. The whackos sound like they have moved off of Mt Hull and down into the valley. The good news is that there is no wildlife refuge to take over in Okanogan County. There is also the Colville Tribal folks to deal with and I don't think they are in favor of a privatization of federal lands. My Foot Hurts, you try to simplify things into the old adage of "Yer either with me or agin me." You need to think a bit more about the different aspects of actions and the effects of those actions.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostFri Feb 12, 2016 7:41 am 
treeswarper wrote:
The good news is that there is no wildlife refuge to take..
That's probably what this is actually about, wildlife. It was mentioned a few times in the press. Gray wolf introduction and the United States Fish and Wildlife Service. Ranchers don't like to talk much about it.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Feb 12, 2016 8:56 am 
Its funny. Supposedly no politics is allowed here, but that's all this thread really is. LOL.. This is a read between the lines political thread to be sure. Everybody that believes differently that you is a wacko.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostFri Feb 12, 2016 10:32 am 
Snowbrushy wrote:
Not. For an hour yesterday David Fry ranted about Syria, abortion, UFO's, pot, and gun rights (thank you Dave),etc, erc, but he never once mentioned the supposed real talking points - the BLM and landlord/tenant issues. The topic never came up, with his own gun held to his head. And it makes you wonder what the real back story is about this creepy ordeal.
I don't wonder. Is there a new strain of ergot on the bread these days? Was that political?

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Feb 12, 2016 10:36 am 
The poor guy had just been listening to too much talk radio, did he mention chemtrails?

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostFri Feb 12, 2016 10:56 am 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Everybody that believes differently that you is a wacko.
I can't speak for anyone else, but plenty of folks who believe differently than me don't strike me as wackos. But some of these folks who took over a wildlife refuge (stewardship related) supposedly in the cause of taking land away from the federal government, i.e. us (also stewardship related) did and said enough "off" things to make me view them as quite wacked. With different tactics and pronouncements I might simply have left it at disagreeing with their belief that all federal land should be handed either to the states or to private folks. I suspect this is the also the case for some of the others here who believe that most of these folks who were involved in the taking over of the wildlife refuge (stewardship) are a few pints short of a gallon.

Jake Neiffer

Jake Neiffer
PostFri Feb 12, 2016 11:12 am 
What I’m wondering is the actions of these extremists will have an inordinate amount of sway on public opinion & perception, thereby allowing the actual legitimate concerns of rural citizens to be marginalized or discounted.

Klapton

Klapton
PostFri Feb 12, 2016 11:30 am 
Jake Neiffer wrote:
What I’m wondering is the actions of these extremists will have an inordinate amount of sway on public opinion & perception, thereby allowing the actual legitimate concerns of rural citizens to be marginalized or discounted.
This was the mission of the provocateurs among them. Stir them up to say REALLY stupid things. Convince them to "keep their word" by NOT walking away peacefully once their issues were made known the the public. (Non-stupid "patriot" types were begging them to go home peacefully after the first week or so). This could have been a win for those rural issues if they had just gone home after a few days.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Feb 12, 2016 11:56 am 
Someone is a wacko because they claim they are about to be shot, so they will kill themselves first. They are a wacko because they say all they did was camp out on public property. They are a wacko because they want the feds to leave Oregon. Etc, etc, etc. Funny how not liking someone because they are criminals, morons, psychopaths and traitors is evil, but the person calling it evil hates decent people for no reason at all. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostFri Feb 12, 2016 12:03 pm 
Klapton wrote:
This was the mission of the provocateurs among them. Stir them up to say REALLY stupid things.
These are the last four holdouts. Take your pick. David Fry is bottom right. He had been at the refuge from the beginning. He's probably living in the county jail psych ward after his crazy, breathtaking rant. From Ohio. A long way from home.
booking-photos
booking-photos