Forum Index > Pacific NW History > Salmo-Priest Wilderness
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
ndisque

ndisque
PostTue Apr 22, 2014 8:08 pm 
This is for a class project on the Salmo-Priest Wilderness area. I was wondering if anyone has been there recently and would be willing to give me some quotes about the area and what they thought about it? These quotes would be used in a video that my group is making in order to celebrate wilderness in the Salmo-Priest area. Even if you haven't been there recently, any quotes about the area I would be grateful for. Thank you.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostWed Apr 23, 2014 10:30 am 
Hi, what grade are you in? If I were you I'd email or call the nearest Boy Scout Troop and Forest Service ranger station. Good luck!

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostWed Apr 23, 2014 1:06 pm 
Salmo-Priest is a beautiful wilderness area! People who think east of the crest is dry and boring haven’t been to Salmo-Priest! There’s a rainforest in Salmo-Priest! Impressive old growth cedars, and I’ve walked through acres of western azalea in full bloom, and topped out on a ridge full of flowers that grow in dry areas. I love the views from the summits and ridges – row upon row of green and azure ridges and occasional rocky outcroppings, with fog banks wiisping and whirling around the trees and hovering above the rivers. You can see the swath of the US/Canada border from Crowell Ridge. It’s remote, quiet, beautiful. Good luck on your project.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
ndisque

ndisque
PostWed Apr 23, 2014 1:34 pm 
Thank you very much! This is exactly like what we need!

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostThu May 01, 2014 1:35 pm 
Hey!!! I just heard that my quote was used in a film! A friend of mine saw my name credited to the quote in a film showing in Spokane last week. Small world. up.gif

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
ndisque

ndisque
PostThu May 01, 2014 1:40 pm 
Hi. Yes. We used your quote in our movie that was first shown last night. I think it will be put on Youtube sometime soon as well. Thank you again for your input.