Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Partying for New Years Eve?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostTue Dec 31, 2013 1:15 pm 
I personally am not as I am doing my first work party of 2014 on New Years Day. What are you doing? Do you brave the drunken drivers? Organized party? Just kick back and watch the fireworks on TV? Do you have a tradition? ( mine is early to sleep, wake up at midnight, kiss the missus and then back to sleep....how lame is that? Some people just weren't born to stay up late.... shakehead.gif ) cool.gif

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker

boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker
PostTue Dec 31, 2013 1:23 pm 
seems like the best plan is to go to bed early and get up early to get an uncrowded hike somewhere? Assuming you can get motivated during the holiday lull. But then I am Old, so that might taint my viewpoint....

friluftsliv
tigermn

tigermn
PostTue Dec 31, 2013 2:19 pm 
I might be up at midnight, but even that isn't a for sure.. lol.gif Update: Slept right through it. Went to bed around 11 and was asleep shortly after lol.gif

contour5

contour5
PostTue Dec 31, 2013 3:20 pm 
I might set off one of my bombs at midnite. Last summer I stopped in at the fireworks stand in Potlatch and purchased a few of their LOUDEST items for use as a possible bear deterrent. Never used any, but the guy at the stand test fired one for me. 10,000 times louder than a regular firecracker...

half fast

half fast
PostTue Dec 31, 2013 5:32 pm 
Since I have to celebrate two things today and tonight... the Guiness and Jameson wont have a hard time finding a glass... biggrin.gif drink.gif dizzy.gif cheers.gif

It's all about the fun, oh and maybe the chocolate - half fast
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostTue Dec 31, 2013 6:38 pm 
Breaking the New Years Eve snow camp tradition this year. Too busy moving the office to home, etc., etc. I'll walk to dinner with a bud then head back home. Anita will be trail running across the years with a few of her ultrarunning friends.

Jeb
Summit Driven

Jeb
Summit Driven
PostTue Dec 31, 2013 8:01 pm 
Last year I stayed in the Pilchuck lookout tower with a buddy. I was planning something similar but work became available and sadly I cannot afford to turn it down bawl.gif Cheers bob, I'll be doing the same!

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostTue Dec 31, 2013 10:23 pm 
Party here consists of playing board games, card games, monopoly etc with the grand kids. SO much more suitable to me now than the parties of decades ago....

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
SergioNapelo

SergioNapelo
PostWed Jan 01, 2014 2:55 pm 
It was fun driving home after 3 am in really thick fog... One thing I do not like about New Years celebrations, they screw up the Jan. 1... It is hard to do anything after waking up with a heavy head after about 1 in the afternoon... bored.gif

"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains. From where shall my help come. My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth!" - David, King of Israel 1,000 BC
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Jan 01, 2014 10:09 pm 
I attended a redneck party out by Verlot, they roasted a whole pig from Silvana meats and had a massive campfire in a large steel pit shaped like a wok, about 12' in diameter, made from an old rock crusher from a quarry. Awesome! up.gif ....perfect weather too!

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostWed Jan 01, 2014 10:18 pm 
Had some dinner out, took a polar bear plunge with a few friends, and hit the sack early. Woke up and hike up Old Si to celebrate New Years. It was pretty quiet on top at 1030am, but the masses were coming.

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostThu Jan 02, 2014 12:43 am 
No tradition here, but I'm usually hanging out and partying with friends. This year my friend's band played at the Feedback Lounge in West Seattle so I went down there and hung out. Good times!
DSC_7685-2 by Chainsaw_Willie, on Flickr See the full set: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjPWFgM6

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostThu Jan 02, 2014 10:45 am 
Lets see... Friday I dropped my wife off at the airport and then drove to Portland Saturday I jammed with the family band in PDX Sunday I played guitar with the Biotech Band in my home studio Monday we over dubbed lead guitar tracks and vocals in the studio Tuesday I stayed home alone, drank some Courvoisier XO and spent the whole evening watching:
This got uploaded to Youtube on Tuesday. I was front row center for that concert back in 1981 - and due to the circumstances of my mind at the time I remember every second...I only get nostalgia at NYE as I went to a lot of the GD NYE shows back in the day. Wednesday I jammed on bass with another band I play in. Thursday - back to work! Friday I pick the wife up at the airport....a good week it was. Saturday I plan to sleep it all off.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Voxxjin
made of hamburger

Voxxjin
made of hamburger
PostThu Jan 02, 2014 12:59 pm 
Went to a neightbor's house with another couple plus our kids. Played some games. Drank a bunch of mojitos. Ended the night playing Rock Band. (Don't ever ask me to be the singer) Only hiking related thing I did was on the 1st whcih was a 4.5 mile walk with the dogs along some neighborhood trails.

Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war
dropkick

dropkick
PostThu Jan 02, 2014 2:48 pm 
Chainsaw_Willie wrote:
This year my friend's band played at the Feedback Lounge in West Seattle so I went down there and hung out. Good times!
How was it? I was actually thinking about going, I live about 1 block away. But I assumed it would be crowded and stayed home. I like the Feedback though.