Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Born in 1974...
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
half fast

half fast
PostWed Jan 08, 2014 7:10 pm 
This is cracking me up... when I first read your post I "thought" this guy must be worried about turning the BIG 50, I didn't do the math, just assumed that must be it. My bad !! Now all I can say is OMG... rotf.gif There is nothing to worry about turning 40, really, lots of people live happy, useful lives... even at 40... ykm.gif rotf.gif

It's all about the fun, oh and maybe the chocolate - half fast
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
touron

touron
PostWed Jan 08, 2014 7:29 pm 
1974 was a great year if only for this...this song is the glue that held the whole year together
'73 was also good

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
hiker1

hiker1
PostThu Jan 09, 2014 12:32 am 
touron wrote:
1974 was a great year if only for this...
Swedish pop group ABBA win the 1974 Eurovision Song Contest with Waterloo. California Jam is held at the Ontario Motor Speedway in Ontario, California, attracting 250,000 fans. Patty Hearst is photographed wielding an M1 carbine while robbing the Sunset District branch of the Hibernia Bank in San Francisco. Watergate scandal: U.S. President Richard Nixon announces his resignation (effective August 9). Vice President Gerald Rudolph Ford succeeds Richard Nixon as the 38th President of the United States of America. Ronald DeFeo, Jr., murders his entire family in their home in Amityville on Long Island, an event that inspires the story of The Amityville Horror. John Lennon joins Elton John on stage at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

falling leaves / hide the path / so quietly ~John Bailey, "Autumn," a haiku year, 2001, as posted on oldgreypoet.com
Daryl
Big Shot Economist

Daryl
Big Shot Economist
PostThu Jan 09, 2014 10:49 am 
alpendave wrote:
if you know what that means for me this year.
I know it means you are going to like your annual doctor visit a little less on your next visit...

SergioNapelo

SergioNapelo
PostThu Jan 09, 2014 10:55 am 
It is interesting how "turning 40" tread attracted so many replies from "older" people... I guess 40 is not that bad... if you are old... But, if you are 39, than it is really BIG DEAL!!! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains. From where shall my help come. My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth!" - David, King of Israel 1,000 BC
tigermn

tigermn
PostThu Jan 09, 2014 11:54 am 
SergioNapelo wrote:
But, if you are 39, than it is really BIG DEAL!!! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Actually for me it wasn't when I was 39, just another year and a surprise party (hook line and sinker on the surprise), neither was 29 or 49 for that matter.

half fast

half fast
PostThu Jan 09, 2014 6:28 pm 
SergioNapelo wrote:
... I guess 40 is not that bad... if you are old...
rotf.gif ykm.gif Maybe I am a bit wierd but I have never worried about what age I was turning. Whatever age it was seemed better than the alternative... biggrin.gif I will admit that turning 62 this year made me think about it a little bit but when I stopped in at the WIC today and picked up my $10 park pass... all is great again... up.gif up.gif

It's all about the fun, oh and maybe the chocolate - half fast
Alpendave

Alpendave
PostThu Jan 09, 2014 9:49 pm 
half fast wrote:
This is cracking me up... when I first read your post I "thought" this guy must be worried about turning the BIG 50, I didn't do the math, just assumed that must be it. My bad !! Now all I can say is OMG... rotf.gif There is nothing to worry about turning 40, really, lots of people live happy, useful lives... even at 40... ykm.gif rotf.gif
OK, so I didn't mean to imply that I felt like 40 is the new 80, though in my line of work, I see plenty of people who could certainly make one think so.

Alpendave

Alpendave
PostThu Jan 09, 2014 9:54 pm 
Daryl wrote:
I know it means you are going to like your annual doctor visit a little less on your next visit...
paranoid.gif If you mean what I think you mean, not 'til 50 unless I have cause for concern. Especially in my job. One's friends at work get to know a person a little too well.