Forum Index > Partners > Leavenworth area
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
dicentra
Plant Geek

dicentra
Plant Geek
PostTue Jan 28, 2014 3:09 am 
I've moved!! Yay! up.gif And I've kinda lost my hiking partners as a result!! Boo! bawl.gif Too far to drive... I'm currently living in Plain (very close to Leavenworth) and would love some new peeps to hike with. Right now I'm working weekends, but have most week days free to explore. Dirty Face is on my short list for the summer, but I'm looking at other trails too. Apparently there are a lot of unpublished trails here to explore! Yay! agree.gif Right now I'm just looking for day trips (due to child care issues etc) but depending on the work situation, I will be up for more extensive trips this summer.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
RichP

RichP
PostTue Jan 28, 2014 9:05 am 
I'm jealous that you get to live in hiking heaven. Check out those good Wenatchee folks like Wildernessed and his crew. Let us know what life is like in Plain. I wish I could talk my wife into living there but she's too much of a city girl.

mtn.climber

mtn.climber
PostTue Jan 28, 2014 11:46 am 
Welcome to our area!! We like it over here. Another good resource to check out for area activities is wenatcheeoutdoors.org Lots of nwhikers are on this side, and will be willing to help you with any questions.

Reach for the sky, cuz tomorrow may never come. Live the life of love. Love the life you live.
dicentra
Plant Geek

dicentra
Plant Geek
PostFri Jan 31, 2014 2:58 am 
Rich P - In a word, rustic! We're loving it. Minus the mouse we saw in the house this morning... Ah... country living! I'm about 20 miles from a post office, a real grocery store (we've got a local one for basics), library or hospital and we're about 1 mile off the pavement. Anything like clothes, shopping, car repair or drug store items etc, and you're got to go to the big town - Wenatchee... And not much for job opportunities unless you play the seasonal games. Some needs to open a day car (not pre-school!) center. They'd make small fortune!! However, we have trails that run through our little community! And the PCT and the Alpine Lakes Wilderness is just a 45 min drive away... Hiking nirvana!

dicentra
Plant Geek

dicentra
Plant Geek
PostFri Jan 31, 2014 3:01 am 
mtn.climber- We like it here too! This has been in our long term plans for a long time now... dream come true. smile.gif I will check out the website. Thanks!! I'm familiar with the area and hiking opportunities, I'd just like some company. agree.gif Looks like I'll need to hang out on nwhikers.net more often!! Oh, the horrors!! winksmile.gif up.gif