Forum Index > Food & Grub > The Perfect Hiking Cookie...Discovered?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
touron

touron
PostTue Feb 25, 2014 11:31 pm 
What is the perfect hiking cookie? It would seem that it must combine the following factors: up.gif Cannot easily crumble up.gif Cannot be so chewy that it melds into a gloppy mess up.gif Must be exceptionally tasty up.gif Nice if it also provides "energy" (but not at the expense of tastiness) Based on these criteria, I nominate the following Chocolate Oat Bar recipe as possibly the best example of such an illustrious cookie. hmmm.gif
Do you have a cookie that meets the above requirements. If so, please post your recipe.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
tigermn

tigermn
PostWed Feb 26, 2014 9:20 pm 
Brownies in a small Tupperware container. Actually you could put just about any kind of cookie you want in same container and it won't get destroyed.

hiker1

hiker1
PostThu Feb 27, 2014 12:17 am 
Quote:
Next up: a portable hiking cookie to bring during our weekend hiking adventures. I had a vision in mind: 1) Crispy around the edges 2) Chewy in the middle 3) Loaded with healthy ingredients 4) Fold in nuts, seeds, and dried fruit 5) A touch of chocolate, never hurts either (Enjoy Life mini chips are amazing and vegan too) 6) Props for being a bit homely looking! Ok, I added that in after the fact. wink.gif Read more: http://ohsheglows.com/2012/06/20/happy-trails-adventure-cookies/#ixzz2uVJyoowQ
About 20% down the page for these "portable hiking cookies".

falling leaves / hide the path / so quietly ~John Bailey, "Autumn," a haiku year, 2001, as posted on oldgreypoet.com
mountainbug

mountainbug
PostWed Sep 03, 2014 12:13 am 
I am definitely not a baker, so.....Starbucks Oat Fudge Bars, they will take a kicking in the pack but manage to hold together pretty well and oh so tasty at the end of a long day!! winksmile.gif

You are only limited from achieving your goals by not believing it can be done.
Treehugger5

Treehugger5
PostMon Sep 08, 2014 7:31 am 
Check out the old boy scout recipe for Monster Cookies. Indestructible and excellent protein carb ratio. A meal on the go, really. If you can't find it, I'll try to post the recipe I use.

Elrond's Rocket of Rivendell~ hiker and runner extraordinaire