Forum Index > Trip Reports > Thread for lazy trip reports.
Previous :: Next Topic  
Hutch

Hutch

PostTue Sep 08, 2020 11:44 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Did the White Pass - PCT - Pilot Ridge loop this weekend. Campsites at White Pass & Blue Lake were as full as you'd expect for Labor Day weekend but most folks were on their best behavior. Mosquitos are mostly gone but a bumper crop of biting flies showed up at times. Still a decent amount of water flowing around White Pass/Red Pass and on the way south to Dishpan Gap. Much drier between Blue Lake & the N Fork Sauk - one very small stream at ~3800 feet between Pilot Ridge and the river, but otherwise bone dry for ~11 miles. Blue Lake High route is steep (poles suggested for the way down) but not too hard to navigate. Flowers are past peak but berries are going wild.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Nancyann

Nancyann

PostThu Sep 10, 2020 1:03 pm 
Thanks for the beta, Hutch!
Aaron, I loved your collection of photos from your trip with your wife!
Yesterday I had a hunch that we would find clearer skies up on the Cascade Crest, so I twisted Hiking Partnerís arm and we did an exploratory scramble/veggie belay attempt to a lake we have been researching just west of the crest near Stevens Pass. Our attempt failed, but we did find blue skies and fresh air! As a consolation prize we visited Lake Valhalla, which we hadnít seen since Thanksgiving Day. Hardly anyone was there and it was sublime.  smile.gif
Lake Valhalla 9/9/20
Lake Valhalla 9/9/20
Lake Valhalla 9/9/20
Lake Valhalla 9/9/20
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
KascadeFlat

KascadeFlat

PostTue Sep 15, 2020 4:36 pm 
Had a chance to visit a popular spot. Here are the triplets in order from lowest to highest elevation.

Lowest
Lowest
Middlest
Middlest
Upperest
Upperest

Best part of the trip was finally figuring out how the fish get home from the trail head!

Follow that taxi!
Follow that taxi!

--------------
For a good time call: 1-800-SLD-ALDR.
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant

PostSat Sep 19, 2020 2:46 pm 
Margaretís Way toSierra Court first hike in week without n95 few people on was up a lot on Chibinski on way down.

--------------
"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
NBL
West Seattle Based

NBL

West Seattle Based
PostMon Sep 21, 2020 10:08 am 
Hibox mountain was misty and ethereal yesterday morning. Fall is descending on us quickly. Most views to the Chimney group were socked in, unfortunately. Summit block scramble is fun but there is an exposed move on the normal (easy) scramble route that I wouldn't want to do if wet. Still patting myself on the back for downclimbing bits of it successfully. Signed the summit register and left a note about the tooth I chipped on a branch on my ascent!

View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
seattlenativemike

seattlenativemike

PostTue Sep 22, 2020 8:29 am 
Went out along Ptarmigan Ridge where the fall colors are just starting to turn.  My favorite lake out there was its usual beautiful self...

Mount Baker Dawn Reflection
Mount Baker Dawn Reflection
Shuksan and Baker this morning
Shuksan and Baker this morning
Ptarmigan Ridge this morning
Ptarmigan Ridge this morning
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trip Reports > Thread for lazy trip reports.
  Happy Birthday ahumblefool, Lightning_bug!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: