Forum Index > Food & Grub > Tea time
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
nuclear_eggset

nuclear_eggset
PostFri Apr 04, 2014 1:43 pm 
Lipton?! /faintsdeadaway People seriously need better tea taste buds. Yes. I am a tea snob. It pairs well with my chocolate snobbery. And, for the record, since loose leaf tea requires more attention than a preschooler leaves me with, until I can return to the appropriate tea-taste of good quality loose leaf tea, I use Republic of Tea's Double Matcha (in bags) for green tea. There are a huge variety of "calming" teas (and medicinal teas) that I've tried and keep stocked on my tea shelf, and the ones that I prefer have both valerian and passion flower. But I also can't speak to climbing in the morning after drinking them at night. I *absolutely* wouldn't climb immediately after drinking them for concern over any CNS depressant potential, which most calming agents have.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Davinci

Davinci
PostTue Apr 15, 2014 7:17 am 
For those with a discriminating taste and a budget to support that taste ... Mighty Leaf brand. Whole tea leaves in handcrafted silken pouches @ approx 50 cents per teabag - Delicious !!! The tea I usually take, Lipton Black @ approx 3 cents per teabag

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostTue Apr 15, 2014 7:40 am 
Good deals on British, Irish and Scottish teas can be found locally at: World Market Marshalls and TJMaxx (sometimes they have tons and sometimes not much) Look in the food aisle and by the registers P.F. I. (Pacific Food Importers) Any Russian/European Deli Interesting note on Scottish Tea that is made for the actual residents of Scotland (not England). The tea leaves are processed specifically for their naturally soft water. Most other black teas are made for hard water. Supposedly Western WA has very soft tap water (so soft that they add minerals to it) but the softness of mountain water depends upon the rock it's filtering through.

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown