Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > What type is your car?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic

What type is your car?
Gas only or diesel powered
86%
 86%  [ 57 ]
Hybrid
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Pure electric
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Car?
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 66

touron

touron
PostSat Apr 05, 2014 4:48 pm 
What type is your car?

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
graffiti

graffiti
PostSat Apr 05, 2014 5:16 pm 
"Something with reclining leather seats, that goes really fast, and gets really sh#^ty gas mileage!"

And the meek shall inherit the Earth...um...if that's ok with you.
graffiti

graffiti
PostSat Apr 05, 2014 5:17 pm 
A quote from Robocop but oddly enough, it's an accurate description of my vehicle.

And the meek shall inherit the Earth...um...if that's ok with you.
hiker1

hiker1
PostSat Apr 05, 2014 7:06 pm 
falling leaves / hide the path / so quietly ~John Bailey, "Autumn," a haiku year, 2001, as posted on oldgreypoet.com
touron

touron
PostSat Apr 05, 2014 8:15 pm 
karros may be Gallic, but one has to wonder if it might have been Greek at one time. Not that I know anything about Greek. In fact it is Greek to me.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Jaberwock

Jaberwock
PostSat Apr 05, 2014 8:28 pm 
If Tesla ever gets on their game and makes a $30k car for everyday folk I'd buy one. I want the a Tesla as capable as a tall subaru.

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostSun Apr 06, 2014 10:12 am 
I'm still the only hybrid driver to post on this poll? Yeah, our household also has a 30+MPG AWD car, but my personal car is a Honda Insight. Fine 3-season TH car for 90+% of THs. Regenerative braking is super cool, stores oodles of energy descending mountain passes. My Insight actually gets best MPG in hilly terrain. Auto-shutoff is a very logical and easy way to save fuel in the city. I went with my Insight for its simplicity. It's a mild hybrid, i.e., generator/motor is on the flywheel (and auto shutoff, of course) but otherwise it's just like a regular gasoline engine. I'm surprised more vehicles don't have mild hybrid. (Subie is getting into it, but Chevy mild hybrid pickup just discontinued.) Battery pack is 1/2 the size of that in a Prius. Highway MPG about the same as the Prius but the Prius gets better in-city MPG because it can operate all-electric. Insight handles way way better than a Prius mushball. Honda Civic Hybrid might be the best affordable mild hybrid, but the battery pack is in the rear seat, which won't fold down to allow ski storage. mad.gif I'll likely trade in the Insight when Honda or Subie comes out with a 45MPG AWD hybrid. It'll happen. Honda Urban will eventually have a mild hybrid AWD option. Subie might get there first if they would push the button on a smaller/lighter/more aero body.

nuclear_eggset

nuclear_eggset
PostSun Apr 06, 2014 12:52 pm 
BigSteve wrote:
I'll likely trade in the Insight when Honda or Subie comes out with a 45MPG AWD hybrid. It'll happen.
Since I have an Outback, Subaru sends me their periodic magazine about their cars. There was an article in it talking about their mild-hybrid Outback they plan to release. I don't remember the year, but maybe 2015? ETA: Correction/update - it's a hybrid Crosstrek, and they're releasing it at the end of this year. No price released yet. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/alternative/1306_2014_subaru_xv_crosstrek_hybrid_prototype_first_drive/ It's not a huge increase in mileage, however. You could call it disappointing, but if it gets people into hybrids that otherwise wouldn't (and would use lower gas mileage cars instead), then I'm down with that.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun Apr 06, 2014 10:06 pm 
My AWD Honda CRV gets about 24-28 depending on route -- most of the miles are for going to/from trailheads -- as my office is only 3 miles away and I ride my bike to work much of the time.

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostSun Apr 06, 2014 10:11 pm 
We have an all electric LEAF, but my trailhead car is an Escape hybrid. We have over 36K miles on the LEAF. Love it.

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostMon Apr 07, 2014 12:26 am 
ya all wouldn't believe me if i told ya what mileage i'm regularly squeezing out of my car. It helps i work the late shift and i don't get stuck in traffic. No it's not a hybrid.

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
Voxxjin
made of hamburger

Voxxjin
made of hamburger
PostMon Apr 07, 2014 1:13 am 
FJ Cruiser. Love it. Sure i wish it had better gas mileage but I like it too much to even think about anything different.

Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostMon Apr 07, 2014 10:24 am 
my work vehicle is the 372, not sure of the mileage per person. Costs me 44$ a month. I use an old rusty '87 4runner to get to the trail head. When folks beg for money at the gas station I just point to my vehicle and they walk away. I've got an ace mechanic who keeps the important stuff up to snuff.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
tigermn

tigermn
PostMon Apr 07, 2014 10:39 am 
nuclear_eggset wrote:
Correction/update - it's a hybrid Crosstrek, and they're releasing it at the end of this year.
Hybrid Crosstrek is already out and has been for a while. In order to fit the batteries, they removed the spare tire, lol.gif At least according to Edmunds it is also about 350lbs heavier than a non Hybrid Crosstrek.

Boywonder

Boywonder
PostMon Apr 07, 2014 12:37 pm 
I thought that most environmentally friendly folks would drive a small mainly gas powered car. That is what I do anyhow. The more folks buy battery/hybrid power cars the more land has to be mined of rare earth elements. Not to mention where are all of those old batteries going to go 20 years from now. Well that is my thought process, I could be wrong about the whole thing.