Forum Index > Food & Grub > Food dehydration for climbers & backpackers
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
outdoorgrrl

outdoorgrrl
PostTue Apr 01, 2014 9:35 am 
I teach a food dehydration class through the Mountaineers, which is open to members and non-members. The class tonight is completely booked, but I am offering a second session on Monday, Apr. 21 at 7 p.m. The fee is a nominal $5 to cover the cost of food samples that I make and provide for the class. Here's the description of the class: Are you tired of shelling out your hard earned money for mediocre-tasting, freeze-dried meals? Do food allergies or sensitivities make finding lightweight food for climbing challenging? Is rooting around for grubs and acorns not your idea of good eating outdoors? With a food dehydrator and some freezer bags, you can create inexpensive, tasty meals in exactly the right proportions for you that re-hydrate as easily as commercially prepared alternatives. Come find out how to make the rest of your climbing and backpacking friends jealous at meal time. Please sign up here if you are interested! (Non-members must create a guest account on the Mountaineers website before sign up.)

Are you tired of eating mediocre, freeze-dried backpacking meals? Learn to create inexpensive, tasty meals for backpacking and climbing with the DIY Guide to Instant Backpacking Meals.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
DestinationUp
Gearluster

DestinationUp
Gearluster
PostTue Apr 01, 2014 12:35 pm 
Registered...thanks! chow.gif

Geek, wife, mom, Venturing Crew Advisor, perennially waiting for meltout.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message