Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Ever had a had a negative confrontation with another hiker?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
venom

venom
PostThu Apr 17, 2014 10:35 pm 
Ski wrote:
it isn't just day hikers... I was at least 3 miles up last summer when a guy carrying an enormous pack blew by me reeking of some sort of aftershave. go figure.
<Personal attack removed by moderator>

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Apr 17, 2014 11:58 pm 
venom wrote:
Me? I'll let my firearm decide if anything is going to bite me.
sure fine whatever you say.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Apr 18, 2014 12:13 am 
Ski wrote:
it isn't just day hikers... I was at least 3 miles up last summer when a guy carrying an enormous pack blew by me reeking of some sort of aftershave. go figure.
They like to attract the bees? A young hooktender who reeked of Bounce Fabric Softener mentioned he was always getting stung. I told him that bees like perfume and cologne and fabric softener. He quit using it but I don't know if he still got stung a lot.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Apr 18, 2014 2:03 am 
Kim Brown wrote:
Only on this site.
+1 lol....although last year when Gnome and I were hiking to Fireweed campground in the dark, we encountered some PCT hikers camping. The trail had been re-routed and we were having a bit of trouble locating it. We decided to backtrack and take the other trail that we had just passed and ended up walking through their camp. The alpha male of the group gave us some flack and the Gnome was pretty pissed about it, even 4 days later when we hiked out. Needless to say he did not inform him of NWHikers.net or Packitgourmet..

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
verbascum

verbascum
PostFri Apr 18, 2014 6:31 am 
venom wrote:
Ski wrote:
Are you a weirdo? Who cares what someone smells like?
For many years I've cared because perfumes are enough to turn my hike from a pleasant adventure to migraine-dominated doom. Needless to say, I only hike popular trails very early in the morning.

venom

venom
PostFri Apr 18, 2014 7:41 am 
verbascum wrote:
For many years I've cared because perfumes are enough to turn my hike from a pleasant adventure to migraine-dominated doom. Needless to say, I only hike popular trails very early in the morning.
Can you use DEET?

verbascum

verbascum
PostFri Apr 18, 2014 7:55 am 
venom wrote:
verbascum wrote:
Can you use DEET?
I haven't used DEET since before the migraines started, don't really want to find out.

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostFri Apr 18, 2014 7:59 am 
Verbascum, I too get bad migraines from smells - DEET is very bad if you are chemical sensitive as well. I haven't used DEET in many years and rarely use sunblock either (I get hives from most brands).

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostFri Apr 18, 2014 1:10 pm 
Who is this 'venom ' IDIOT??...PLEASE hav the balls to use your real nwhikers name or piss -off... huh.gif

PorcupinePhobia
Murse

PorcupinePhobia
Murse
PostFri Apr 18, 2014 1:21 pm 
I think he is trying to tell us something. And that something is - Make good use of the Ignore button! Seriously though. It does wonders.

venom

venom
PostFri Apr 18, 2014 3:57 pm 
No need to ignore. I think the moderators are going to give me the heave ho frown.gif

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Apr 18, 2014 4:09 pm 
if I were to avail myself to the "ignore" feature, it would deprive me of the much-needed comic relief this site has to offer.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSat Apr 19, 2014 9:26 am 
well even I hav no official strikes yet....so stick around venom if u can contribute something... my contirubutations hav been questioned.... dizzy.gif then I pointed out 6 or more good discussion thereads (like spelling) that I started....

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostMon Apr 21, 2014 12:52 pm 
naa.... just called him some ameteur, we were joking that he must of not had a map cause he din't know about the other trail on the other side of the river leads to fireweed camp also....GREAT headlamp hike friday pm! the "bridge was out" on the main pct south of hwy 20....that storm at 7,000ft. was amazing!! lol.gif