Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > BLM vs. Nevada Rancher, Armed Militias, and Assorted Crazies
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Klapton

Klapton
PostSun May 10, 2015 10:23 am 
Ski wrote:
there should be some equivalent to a "Godwin" for bringing Al Sharpton into the conversation. or maybe a red clown nose.
"The Sharpton Effect" Any time race enters a discussion making it uncomfortable, someone (usually someone white) will mention Al Sharpton.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun May 10, 2015 11:10 am 
I don't get it. Why all the hate for Al Sharpton? (I bet Al Sharpton already owns one of those red clown noses.)

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Klapton

Klapton
PostSun May 10, 2015 11:29 am 
You really need to ask?

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun May 10, 2015 11:45 am 
hey, Al Sharpton never did anything to me, and he's far more entertaining than, say, Jesse Jackson. doesn't Al have his own teevee show?

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Klapton

Klapton
PostSun May 10, 2015 11:55 am 
Definitely more entertaining. He's the Donald Trump of race-baiting opportunists. He even has the silly hair.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun May 10, 2015 12:19 pm 
ahh... but if he had Don King's hair, he could be even sillier than Donald Trump!

MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts
Huge Member
PostSun May 10, 2015 12:48 pm 
Typically, when someone loses an argument they just accuse the other person of racism to end the debate.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun May 10, 2015 1:06 pm 
oh... I didn't realize you were arguing. what was the argument about? FTR: I have no beef with Al Sharpton or Don King.

drm

drm
PostMon May 11, 2015 9:28 am 
MyFootHurts wrote:
And as I've mentioned before, Al Sharpton owes almost 5 times as much back taxes as the Bundy's. Why aren't you calling for SWAT teams to descend upon his house?
Maybe because he hasn't called out an armed group to challenge by force the enforcement of a legal court order.

Klapton

Klapton
PostMon May 11, 2015 1:21 pm 
He doesn't need to. They guy who commands all those thugs is his buddy.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon May 11, 2015 1:50 pm 
drm wrote:
MyFootHurts wrote:
And as I've mentioned before, Al Sharpton owes almost 5 times as much back taxes as the Bundy's. Why aren't you calling for SWAT teams to descend upon his house?
Do you have a source for your $5 million figure on Sharpton ? For Bundy I can find this on MSNBC (I know MSNBC is hardly even handed)
Quote:
Bundy owes more than $1 million to the federal government for late grazing and trespassing fees, which he has been accruing since the 1990’s and refusing to pay.
For Sharpton there is a Snopes entry that indicates that the $4.7 million figure for Sharption was reported by the Post, but with no documentation of the figure. The snopes article indicates that Sharpton owes $2.6 million in back taxes -- but that Sharpton disputes that amount. Perhaps the key difference is that while Sharpton disputes the amount, but not the authority of the IRS -- whereas Bundy disputes that federal government has any authority over federal land in his corner of Nevada -- while reciting the pledge of allegiance and waving the stars and stripes. -- unironically apparently. Sharton is a whacko -- but he isn't as big a whacko as Bundy. Bundy and his minions took up arms in a dispute with the BLM vs Sharpton recently said to those protesting in Ferguson: “If you’re fighting for change, violence is never the answer.”

Toonces
unleashed

Toonces
unleashed
PostMon May 11, 2015 2:37 pm 
Reverend Sharpton is a dog whistle for all those "I'm not a racist, but..." types. hihi.gif

If you show fear, a monkey will bully you.