Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Relocating to the Puyallup area - hoping for some help!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
JeffReigns

JeffReigns
PostTue Apr 29, 2014 3:27 pm 
Hello all! Me and my Fiance are relocating to the Puyallup, WA area in the next month and I just had a quick question, I hope a few of you would be able to point us in the right direction. We were up in the same area back in 2012, and while I do remember some things, I never really knew where the bad neighborhoods/etc really were. We would like to stay relatively close to Puyallup(or at least within reasonable commuting distance). Are there any places we need to avoid(this is for living, mind you)? Oh and yes, I did hear your state is full. They made an exception for us. winksmile.gif Thanks guys!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostTue Apr 29, 2014 5:20 pm 
JeffReigns wrote:
Are there any places we need to avoid(this is for living, mind you)?
Find a responsible real estate agent, and be straight forward with your requirements when describing what you're looking for (and looking to avoid). You might also want to look over the Pierce County crime map, available here:

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Ranger Smith

Ranger Smith
PostTue Apr 29, 2014 5:24 pm 
Downtown or Southhill?

I'm a man, I can change, if I have to, I guess.
jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger

jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger
PostTue Apr 29, 2014 5:25 pm 
Check it out at your convenience. And this one. Or you can watch re-runs of "Cops" where the Pierce County Sheriff's Office was frequently featured.

"Profound serenity is the product of unfaltering Trust and heightened vulnerability."
anbat

anbat
PostTue Apr 29, 2014 5:42 pm 
If you're renting go to; http://www.newchapters.narpm.org/pierce_county/members.htm If you're buying, contact a local Realtor. Puyallup, South Hill and Pierce County has pockets of bad in pockets of good and vice-verse. Definitely contact a local professional, they know the area, even a property manager or realtor as close as Spanaway or Tacoma won't know the area as good as one that is local. Welcome to the area.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Apr 29, 2014 5:58 pm 
south end of Tacoma - 38th street to 96th between Pacific and South Tacoma Way - pretty trashy. east side - east of Pacific Avenue, west of Waller Road, between about 30th and 112th - lowlife central. can't speak to Puyallup. not really familiar with the area. closest I got to living in Puyallup was over on 36th Avenue East just off 64th - narrow strip of unincorporated Pierce County between Tacoma and Puyallup. nice area, but crazy neighbors. best of luck in your search. don't believe anything you read in the Wikipedia pages on T-town or Puyallup - somebody regularly scrubs all the dirt off them. do not ever trust Tacoma PD or PCSO - gangsters and sociopaths. I've only been here about.... five decades or so, with about a half dozen years off living up at Alki. smile.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Ranger Smith

Ranger Smith
PostTue Apr 29, 2014 6:15 pm 
Ski wrote:
do not ever trust Tacoma PD or PCSO - gangsters and sociopaths.
up.gif up.gif Spreading hate and distrust since the dawn of time.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Apr 29, 2014 6:20 pm 
wink.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostTue Apr 29, 2014 7:01 pm 
Unless things have changed in recent yrs., stay away from Spanaway. When I worked in that area in the late '90s it was pretty ghetto. gag.gif

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
Ranger Smith

Ranger Smith
PostTue Apr 29, 2014 7:22 pm 
Spanaway is just that, Spanaway. It will never change. It can't get worse and it can't get better.

Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostTue Apr 29, 2014 7:41 pm 
The town of Sumner is next door and looks nice.

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
Boywonder

Boywonder
PostTue Apr 29, 2014 7:44 pm 
I bought my first place up in Bonney Lake. I really like it up here, much better than Puyallup and Meridian st. which the entire city seems to be based off of. I lived in Puyallup for a bit over 3 years. Bonney Lake is just up the hill from Puyallup. And the Walmart up here is not like your 'usual' Walmart. Normal folks shop at this one, for the most part. Good luck hunting, were you guys buying or renting?

JeffReigns

JeffReigns
PostWed Apr 30, 2014 5:42 am 
Thanks so much guys! It's funny you bring up walmart, boywonder. We were up in the area back in 2012 and one time at the Lakewood Walmart there was this extremely obese lady walking around in these shorts that would barely pass as panties. I'm sure she's on people of walmart somewhere. Jimmymac, a couple months ago my fiancé brought this up after watching a few episodes of cops one day. Another issue I'm having is finding somewhere that will take our dog. Does anyone know of any apartments that would take a Saint Bernard?

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors
PostTue May 06, 2014 6:04 pm 
Why Puyallup? I would recommend going north of Seattle rather than south

The Pacific coast to the Great Plains = my playground!!! SummitPost Profile See my website at: http://www.lemkeclimbs.com
JeffReigns

JeffReigns
PostTue May 06, 2014 6:22 pm 
My fiancé has a job lined up there.