Forum Index > Partners > WONDERLAND TRAIL PARTNER
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
GQHIKER

GQHIKER
PostWed May 21, 2014 11:43 pm 
I am in need of a fellow experienced hiker/hikers to hike the Wonderland Trail. I have no preference in male or female!!! Been planning this trip for 2 yrs and have had my hiking partners bailout on me at the last minute. I plan on starting the adventure on August 25 and ending it on September 7th. I have permits for a total of 6 people if others are interested. Will be a 12 night and 13 day hike. I plan on taking my time on this trip and taking lots of photos/video's. I am an experienced hiker from northeast Tennesee. I will be flying into Seattle on August 24th. Hope to have some interest in this once in a lifetime experience. PS. Whoever that may be interested, please tell me a little something about yourself. Whether you are male or female, and your hiking level and abilities. Thanks... Frankie

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostThu May 22, 2014 8:08 am 
niiiice..thanks for inviting others here am sure you will find great partners to go with...I hav other plans for the north cascades during that time bawl.gif ooh and hope u know about PACKITGOURMET TRAIL foods....though I just complained they no longer offer many 2 person sized meals... huh.gif take some burrito shells for breakfast and burrito dinners! oh and if u add the dotties chix.and dumplings to cupo noodles it makes a super freakin ramen!!! up.gif up.gif

CicelyB

CicelyB
PostThu May 22, 2014 9:20 am 
At first I was so excited, but those dates don't work since have to be in Idaho by Sept. 5th. That being said would love to join a similar 11-12 night trip starting late July. Didn't get my permit and will do a "walk in", but if anyone has a permit for those dates with an extra space, I'd love to join their trip.

happy heathen
Goonies never die

happy heathen
Goonies never die
PostSat Jun 07, 2014 9:21 am 
Sending pm now.

"The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir
Eppo

Eppo
PostMon Jun 09, 2014 10:28 am 
I'm interested. I've completed the Wonderland four times including September, 2013. I even ran into Tami Asars last time who just published a book about the WT. I usually take ten days but after last year I decided to consider a twelve-day schedule. I have hiked over 20,000 miles on four continents and was a professional mountain guide in my youth. I consider the WT to be one of the premier treks in the world and certainly in the top five for North America. I am 57, male, athletic, and I live close by in Olympia, WA. I may have one or two others interested as well. FYI - your permit/reservation is good for up to six people. Feel free to contact me directly by email. Happy Trails!

GQHIKER

GQHIKER
PostMon Jun 09, 2014 12:33 pm 
Thank you for your interest, but there is plenty of people going now, and some that's not done the WT before. Appreciate your interest.

GQHIKER

GQHIKER
PostMon Jun 09, 2014 12:41 pm 
Permit is full for Mt.Rainier trip. Thanks for the responses!!!!!

AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostMon Jun 09, 2014 7:43 pm 
You might consider building a wait list. Stuff happens, and partners bail.

Hikingqueen

Hikingqueen
PostFri Jun 20, 2014 12:13 pm 
Have a blast, do share some pics when you return! hockeygrin.gif biggrin.gif up.gif

doublemom

doublemom
PostMon Jun 23, 2014 9:02 pm 
It's an experience of a lifetime, for sure... I did it 2 summers ago after several knee surgeries, rehab, and back on my feet again. It was my moment to prove to myself that I could get the knees working again and get back to enjoying my life. Photos please, when you're done! I have a lot of photos of my WLT trip on my blog, listed below, if you're interested in seeing.

GQHIKER

GQHIKER
PostMon Jun 23, 2014 9:08 pm 
Thank you Doubkemom for your pst. Ill definitely check out your pics, and Ill be glad to post my WT pics with everyone here wink.gif proud of you doing WT after so many injuries. Have a great week!!!