Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Ok, where'd he go (Slugman)?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostWed May 28, 2014 4:26 pm 
ya well just makin a point...he did put together a ross lake trip that was good...and one summer I was lucky enough to hike with mike 220, and kite for 4 trips...pretty good ones...including the oregon wallowa's trip up.gif though he wont return my texts now... huh.gif huh.gif looks like we lost another one to farcebook...

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostThu May 29, 2014 6:08 am 
SergioNapelo wrote:
When I started posting on this site, he was like "godfather" of NWhikers, had opinion almost on every thread. Even that I did not agree with him on every comment, I miss him (and some others) on this site. frown.gif
Yeah, same here. I often disagreed with some of his opinions (and he could be a bit "forceful" in his offering of opinion...), however his observations on gear, trails, etc were useful and I thought, well thought out. Oh, well, there are many more thoughtful offerings here, and despite what is occasionally posted regarding "hassles", I think this is a very well behaved forum. Anyway, that's what I think.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Z
Erratic

Z
Erratic
PostTue Jun 03, 2014 7:39 pm 
Just an observation....but neither Sluggo nor Quark have posted for months now. confused.gif Zombie involvement? eek.gif ...or something even more nefarious? hairy.gif

"Einstein stating that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, is as a blind man stating that nothing can travel faster than the speed of sound" 1979 They don't make years like they used to.
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostTue Jun 03, 2014 9:19 pm 
Z wrote:
Just an observation....but neither Sluggo nor Quark have posted for months now. confused.gif Zombie involvement? eek.gif ...or something even more nefarious? hairy.gif
Come to think of it...Z could be added to that list also!

touron

touron
PostTue Jun 03, 2014 9:25 pm 
Where is MtnGoat?

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
hiker1

hiker1
PostTue Jun 03, 2014 10:12 pm 
moonspots wrote:
I often disagreed with some of his opinions (and he could be a bit "forceful" in his offering of opinion...), however his observations on gear, trails, etc were useful and I thought, well thought out.
Agreed. One of my first posts, a TR of Dock Butte area, he saw and praised for the photos and opportunity to have a new place to go hiking. On the other hand, there were many negative posts from him.

falling leaves / hide the path / so quietly ~John Bailey, "Autumn," a haiku year, 2001, as posted on oldgreypoet.com
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Jun 04, 2014 12:46 am 
Slug is simply one of those people who you either love or hate, or as a former boss used to say "I knew I would either be a hero or be looking for work".

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
touron

touron
PostThu Jun 05, 2014 6:22 pm 
With apologies to No Mercy and Slugman Where Do You Go Where do you go, oh Slugman Where do you go I wanna know, oh Slugman, I wanna know Where do you go, oh oh eh oh I wanna know, oh oh eh oh Where do you go, oh oh eh oh... I wanna know... You leaf without a word, no message, no number And now our feet are pounding the trails like thunder You left us with unposted trips of deep outside Slug you have us crawling the web, and we wonder Everybody says, see the Slugman is gone Yet we see the path that you made But you could be hiding deep inside our lawn We're searching for you night and day Where do you go, oh slugman Where do you go I wanna know, oh Slugman, I wanna know Where do you go, oh oh eh oh I wanna know, oh oh eh oh Where do you go, oh oh eh oh... I wanna know... You gotta break the silence, don't keep us waiting Just like watering the garden--lettuce see You are inching back to me Come hear what we're saying Where do you go, oh Slugman I wanna know Where do you go, oh oh oh... Where do you go, oh oh oh... I wanna know Na na na na nida, na na nida da da dee da [x2] Where do you, where do you go?... Where do you, where do you go?... Save me... You ate a hole in our hearts, we cry like cabbage patch baby You've gotta help these hikers deep outside You're Petzl Tikka help them make it down the trail safely With your wonderdog Daisy Where do you go, oh Slugman Where do you go I wanna know,oh Slugman, I wanna know Where do you go, oh Slugman Where do you go... i wanna know... Na na na na nida na na nida da da dee da [x2] Where do you, where do you go...

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Damian

Damian
PostThu Jun 05, 2014 8:50 pm 
touron wrote:
Where is MtnGoat?
A recent siting indicates he is alive and well.

Z
Erratic

Z
Erratic
PostFri Jun 06, 2014 1:18 pm 
I, too, can confirm MtnGoat being alive, but I'm not willing to go so far as well. However, this could help explain Quark's absence: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/06/140606102043.htm

"Einstein stating that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, is as a blind man stating that nothing can travel faster than the speed of sound" 1979 They don't make years like they used to.
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Jun 06, 2014 1:41 pm 
Z wrote:
this could help explain Quark's absence: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/06/140606102043.htm
Yes, of course we all know that. We read Forschungszentrum Juelich on a regular basis. hmmm.gif

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Z
Erratic

Z
Erratic
PostFri Jun 06, 2014 1:48 pm 
Hooray!!! Our Quark is unbound! party.gif (Of course, we're always especially happy to see the picture of you covered with the whipped cream!)

Gray
Lazy Hiker

Gray
Lazy Hiker
PostSat Jun 07, 2014 7:38 pm 
Z wrote:
Are you saying.... that Quark and Slugman secretly got married and are now, even as we speak, on a hiking honeymoon in the Alps??? I think you are. --Gray

Z
Erratic

Z
Erratic
PostWed Jun 11, 2014 2:54 pm 
Observation only; conclusion is yours!
Gray wrote:
honeymoon in the Alps???
(Maybe the Alps Drive-in?)

contour5

contour5
PostWed Jun 11, 2014 4:17 pm 
Sluggy's facebook page is actually pretty entertaining, if you happen to enjoy that sort of thing: Grammar Jedi (probably requires a FB login)