Forum Index > Partners > To onthego
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
General ****

General ****
PostMon May 26, 2014 8:54 pm 
To Onthego, Hi Laker I just became a member and saw that we are the same age, both retired, generally hike alone, in good shape and like to fish after our arrival to Base Camp. Are you still interested in a hiking partner? FYI: I caught my first Golden Trout last year, (2013) in the Hoover Wilderness, elevation 11,000 ' I live in WA and generally backpack, The William O Douglas, Alpine Lakes Wilderness, Indian Heaven, Goat Rocks and other wildernesses. I am also pretty familiar with the Emigrant Wilderness which borders Yosemite. I have over 40 years of professional woods experience. My friends call me General

The General primarily backpacks solo.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Onthego

Onthego
PostThu May 29, 2014 9:51 am 
I am still interested in finding a hiking partner. I just got back from 3 weeks in the Virgin Islands and am ready for a couple of day hikes to get the legs loosened up again. If your interested let me know. We could also chat about possible back pack trips.

General ****

General ****
PostThu May 29, 2014 3:01 pm 
onthego, The Virgin Islands, good for you. It always makes me happy when I hear retirees enjoying trips and living life. I am amazed, (and glad), that my broadcast message reached you. Thank you for the day hike invite, but probably would not want to travel too far for an out-of-my-area day hike. I do day hikes in my area, which is the Columbia River Gorge - Mt Adams- Mt St Helen's areas. I particularly like the Indian Heaven Area. However, I am interested in the idea of a partner for some 3 day, or more, backpack / fishing / camping trips. My preference is high lake fishing, so that generally means snow melt? A partner for those trips would be fine by me. Looking far ahead, would you be interested in Brookies in the Spectacle / Glacier Lake area, in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness? I believe that area has snow into August. How do we communicate without going through the open forum? General

The General primarily backpacks solo.
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostThu May 29, 2014 9:55 pm 
Use the PM button below his reply. biggrin.gif

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostFri May 30, 2014 9:06 am 
so general...is it true the indian heaven melts out sometime in mid to late june?? there are 2 lakes near on on lemei rock that look great on satalite views.... I did run across the Skamania-flyfishers.org websight ....some good info there and they fish the lewis river (have seen a few stories on that) base-car camp near there then fish several creeks that all have trout in em! anyway will pm u ...am trying to put together a trip for the lewis area... the only trips I hav done is explore the takalah and council lakes area...gnomeeeeee

Lazy Hen

Lazy Hen
PostSun Jun 01, 2014 3:33 pm 
Goat Rocks! Fish! I'm going to Goat Lake and make a loop trip of it, hike a bit on the PCT, etc. the last week of August. Looking for companions, but would anyone want to go with an old lady like me? Are there fish in Goat Lake?

PNWKaren

PNWKaren
PostMon Jun 02, 2014 9:39 am 
Hi Lazy Hen, I just signed up yesterday and am totally excited to find this site. It's been close to 10 yrs since I've done any overnight backpacking which included a divorce and a bout with breast cancer so I'm totally stoked to be back doing something I love. I'm 53 - are we close to the same "old lady" status? I'm not really into fishing but can find other ways to entertain myself. Not sure how important that part is to you. How long are you planning on being out there? Thanks, Karen

Lazy Hen

Lazy Hen
PostMon Jun 02, 2014 11:18 am 
Hi PNWKaren, Wow, someone answered my post! I'm thrilled. And it's great that you are getting back into backpacking. No, I'm not into fishing, only wish I could do it, or tag along with the guys who do. I like to get to a lake and paint, but usually the trail calls and it's hard to stop. I loved being on the PCT last summer and did four days before I decided I need to tweak my pack to get down to 25 lbs like the ultralighers. New tent this year, lighter gear. I'm not a youngster like you, but I'm in shape and want to get to some more great places before I have to give it up. This year I'm hoping for a loop trip of about five days to Goat Rocks. If you haven't been out for years I'd suggest an easier trip to start. We're doing a family and friends trip to Spider Meadow in early August that you might join.

seattlenativemike

seattlenativemike
PostMon Jun 02, 2014 4:44 pm 
Magellan wrote:
smile.gif

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostMon Jun 02, 2014 8:18 pm 
I like the messages going back and forth here! getting stoked for the summer, lead-dog and I are getting a group together for spider meadows and over the gap to lyman lakes in late august for newbies!! just did goat lake with a raft and had the whole place to ourselves (went with chief joseph)

Lazy Hen

Lazy Hen
PostTue Jun 03, 2014 6:54 am 
Over the pass to Lyman Lakes is a trip not to be missed. My son and I did it last year, and found upper Lyman the most gorgeous place in the world, despite mosquitoes. We went out by Hart Lake to Holden and on to Chelan, a long but fun trip.

NuZooReVu

NuZooReVu
PostTue Jun 03, 2014 9:39 pm 
Magellan wrote:
winksmile.gif winksmile.gif winksmile.gif winksmile.gif winksmile.gif