Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Hangin' out in the left lane
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Jan 16, 2020 12:02 pm 
MtnGoat wrote:
Perhaps the guy doing the work knows more about what's necessary than well meaning non employees not doing the job.
Perhaps, but you aren't that guy.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Jan 16, 2020 12:09 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
MtnGoat wrote:
Perhaps the guy doing the work knows more about what's necessary than well meaning non employees not doing the job.
Lol, look in the mirror, neither are you.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostThu Jan 16, 2020 1:22 pm 
I'm that guy.

Alpendave

Alpendave
PostThu Jan 16, 2020 1:32 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
I find it hard to fathom that a job involving critical life safety doesn't have staff on duty at the hospital 24/7
Absolutely zero financial feasibility with that. Emergencies, though expected from time to time, are always surprises. And you don’t get them every day/night. This thread is about left lane campers, remember?

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Jan 16, 2020 1:42 pm 
alpendave wrote:
Absolutely zero financial feasibility with that. Emergencies, though expected from time to time, are always surprises. And you don’t get them every day/night. This thread is about left lane campers, remember?
Every car has a horn -- do these left lane campers continue to camp when you lean on the horn and flash your headllights ?

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostThu Jan 16, 2020 1:54 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
I didn't claim I was, so there's that. In fact, I defended his judgment about his needs and situation, quite the opposite. I'm not going to rethink this fundamental without a good argument. I'm continually tempted to re-think the 'well meaning' portion, given the constant flow of data hinting otherwise

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostThu Jan 16, 2020 3:37 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
Every car has a horn -- do these left lane campers continue to camp when you lean on the horn and flash your headllights ?
No, unfortunately my experience has been that they slow down even more and then match the pace of a car in the right lane so nobody can pass them. Complete passive-aggressive jack-wagons they are... The left lane law was passed to combat these passive aggressive a-holes due to road rage they incite. Driving the speed limit in the left lane is still illegal if you impede traffic flow. Per RCW 46.61.100: (4) It is a traffic infraction to drive continuously in the left lane of a multilane roadway when it impedes the flow of other traffic. Notice it says nothing about the speed of the cars you are impeding. Even if they are speeding you must move to the right. The police have the option to pull over speeders, but you cannot impede traffic because of some self righteous bent to force others to obey the speed limit. That said...I do my best to drive the speed limit AND stay out of the way of folks who are in more of a hurry than I am.

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Jan 16, 2020 3:49 pm 
Schenk wrote:
That said...I do my best to drive the speed limit AND stay out of the way of folks who are in more of a hurry than I am.
And there we have it! Thread over..

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Jan 16, 2020 4:08 pm 
Schenk wrote:
The left lane law was passed to combat these passive aggressive a-holes due to road rage they incite.
That's not actually the case. The left lane on a multi-lane highway is for emergency vehicles: police, fire, ambulances. That is its primary intended purpose. Secondary to that, it is a passing lane. Engage in a one-on-one conversation with a Washington State Patrol trooper and they'll explain it for you. Honking the horn or flashing lights generally will result in the driver in front of you slowing down, so it's rather pointless.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Jan 16, 2020 4:31 pm 
Ski wrote:
Honking the horn or flashing lights generally will result in the driver in front of you slowing down, so it's rather pointless.
Have you kept track of the results in a systemic and scientific manner? Or is this just more uninformed opinion?

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Jan 16, 2020 4:39 pm 
One of the silliest aspects of this thread are the multiple people that feel it is their prerogative to answer questions asked of another poster.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Jan 16, 2020 4:39 pm 
GIYF

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostThu Jan 16, 2020 4:46 pm 
Oh I don't know, I think it's even sillier to post a question publicly... and then gripe over other answers. The target may be one person, but it was publicly posted and thus open for comment by others as well. This 'I wasn't talking to you' looks like an evasion to me, in service of not addressing the other comments made. If it's so vital that the person and that person alone address the question or comment, that's part of what PM's are for.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Jan 16, 2020 4:49 pm 
MtnGoat wrote:
Oh I don't know, I think it's even sillier to post a question publicly... and then gripe over other answers. The target may be one person, but it was publicly posted and thus open for comment by others as well. This 'I wasn't talking to you' looks like an evasion to me, in service of not addressing the other comments made. If it's so vital that the person and that person alone address the question or comment, that's part of what PM's are for.
Posted by one of the most prolific offerers of opinion on behalf of others.

Alpendave

Alpendave
PostThu Jan 16, 2020 5:00 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
One of the silliest aspects of this thread are the multiple people that feel it is their prerogative to answer questions asked of another poster.
Not at all uncommon or unreasoable when the person posting echos something they have experienced themselves. Anyone’s comments are fair game for another persons commentary. They represent what I said better than those who want to suggest I’m trying to live above the law. They recognize that some of us live in the grey area.