Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Best place to buy legal fireworks?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Gray
Lazy Hiker

Gray
Lazy Hiker
PostTue Jul 01, 2014 11:45 pm 
snoqpass wrote:
Gray wrote:
Pretty sure the only legal fireworks here are "snakes", sparklers, and those little paper things you throw down and every 4th one makes a teeny tiny "pop" noise. --Gray
Maybe in Seattle
Yes. Of course. Is it legal anywhere in "the Puget Sound area" to fire real fireworks? --Gray

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
tigermn

tigermn
PostWed Jul 02, 2014 8:50 am 
Some Fireworks regulations in Washington State. Seems most cities are banned or severely restricted. My dog sure hates em. We live in unincorporated King County so we hear some/have been despite the below: Unincorporated King County Washington Fireworks Laws • Fireworks may be discharged only on July 4th from 9 a.m. to midnight.

Daryl
Big Shot Economist

Daryl
Big Shot Economist
PostWed Jul 02, 2014 11:47 am 
they are legal in unincorporated snohomish county, and abundant. Although the big ones (mortars) are illegal everywhere I thought? That is not listened to or enforced near me if it's the case... I just watch the neighbors blow up their money and spend mine on beer. Don;t have to clean up afterward either smile.gif

cascadeclimber

cascadeclimber
PostWed Jul 02, 2014 4:20 pm 
I ended up going to Pyroland Fireworks (http://pyrolandfireworks.com) They are an exit east of Orting on 410. Nice people, good prices, open until 11:00 PM. My understanding is that all Class C fireworks except, oddly, firecrackers (like the trusty old Blackcat type) and bottle rockets are legal in Washington state, including the mortars/shells up to 60 grams. Some cities and counties, however, have banned most or all of them. Others have limited sale days/hours. Read up: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=70.77 http://www.wsp.wa.gov/fire/docs/fireworks/ordinances.pdf Bottom line: Have fun, be safe.

If not now, when?
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostWed Jul 02, 2014 5:56 pm 
cascadeclimber wrote:
My understanding is that all Class C fireworks except, oddly, firecrackers (like the trusty old Blackcat type) and bottle rockets are legal in Washington state, including the mortars/shells up to 60 grams.
Yep. The only items the Indians have that you can't buy anywhere else are rockets and firecrackers. You might be able to find some of the illegal non-class c stuff like M-80s, Cherry Bombs, & other large explosives on the res but they aren't common like they used to be. When I was a kid you just looked for the stands run by the young, shifty-eyed guys and they'd always have a stash of the "big stuff". Maybe they still do and my middle-age, middle-class persona just screams "cop" these days because I never get those kinds of offers any more.

cascadeclimber

cascadeclimber
PostThu Jul 03, 2014 8:20 am 
Bedivere wrote:
You might be able to find some of the illegal non-class c stuff like M-80s, Cherry Bombs, & other large explosives on the res but they aren't common like they used to be. When I was a kid you just looked for the stands run by the young, shifty-eyed guys and they'd always have a stash of the "big stuff".
Who are you who is so wise in the ways of fireworks? What I really seek for the 4th is the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. I've even perfected my skill counting the three, but NOT four (I hear five is right out).

If not now, when?