Forum Index > Partners > Santiam Pass weeklong...
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
OR_OutdoorMan

OR_OutdoorMan
PostTue Jul 08, 2014 3:48 am 
I'm going to take off for a week or so around the first week of August. I'll take a bus from Newport, OR to Santiam Pass...hike in on the PCT to Big Lake and camp for a couple of days. Then, hike over to Scout Lake and, again, camp for a couple of days. Then hike out to Hwy 20 at Suttle Lake and catch the bus back home to Newport. I'm looking for someone that wants to tag along for the week or for part of it. I have no set-in-stone time to go or to return. From Big Lake and Scout lake I plan to do some day hikes from there. Mostly, this is a final warm-up for climbing Mt. Shasta later in the year around mid-September, a final chance to get out and check gear before Shasta. Anyone is welcome to come along...message me if you're interested. *******snip*******edit******* After rereading this note I thought it might be helpful to give a few details about m'self: I'm 47, male from Newport, OR I'd like to have someone come along that is roughly my age; male or female unimportant. Again, I'm going out to do some semi-last minute checks on gear for a climb on Shasta. And, if all goes well and I decide to quit the job I'll be more seriously considering a thru-hike of the PCT in 2015. It's been quite a long time since I've done any serious backpacking so I guess I'd consider myself to be just above 'newbie.' I've hiked a lot of the Jefferson/Willamette and Deschuttes NF areas on the PCT/OR Skyline trails and am anxious to get back out and reacquaint myself with hiking.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message