Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > 40th high school reunion
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Gil

Gil
PostTue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 am 
It's hard to believe that it's been that long ... until I look at myself in the mirror! Had a wonderful reunion in Ketchikan, talking to people that I hadn't talked to in years (some since high school). It was really interesting to hear what people had been/are doing -- quite a number are already retired! And of course, quite a few have died, so there were some poignant remembrances. One fellow who has been recovering from some pretty major health issues addressed the class and finished with advice to treat everyone well, because you never know who you might be dependent on, or if it might be the last time you see them. So true.
Kayhi Class of '74
Kayhi Class of '74

Friends help the miles go easier. Klahini
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostTue Jul 08, 2014 10:05 am 
up.gif Time does pass and the people and places change. I graduated in 78. Doesn't seem that long ago to me. hmmm.gif

Living in the Anthropocene
tigermn

tigermn
PostTue Jul 08, 2014 10:15 am 
Yea another class of 78 here. I never really kept in touch/had any long term relationships with anyone I went to high school with so I've never been to any of my HS reunions and don't have a real desire in the future either...

reststep

reststep
PostTue Jul 08, 2014 10:56 am 
It looks like you had a good turnout. How many still live in Ketchikan?

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostTue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 am 
I did not keep in touch with anyone after high school. I attended my 20 year reunion. Shocking part is 20% have uh passed on in those 20 years. frown.gif

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
Gil

Gil
PostTue Jul 08, 2014 12:22 pm 
I'd say about half of the roughly 50 who attended still live in Ketchikan, with many of the rest in the Seattle area. Not nearly as many for this one as for the 30th.

Friends help the miles go easier. Klahini
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostWed Jul 09, 2014 12:42 am 
I wonder if school reunions will someday become a thing of the past (no pun intended), considering the popularity of social networking sites.

half fast

half fast
PostWed Jul 09, 2014 7:05 am 
I have only been to two HS reunions. The first was my 10th year which I thought was not much different than HS itself and after attending, I decided that it was not an experience that I wanted to repeat. Then our 40th year reunion came around a few years back and something inspired me to go. Ok, there were quite a few old people there embarassedlaugh.gif which kind of blew me away and although we had a large class several had also passed. All the folks attending were done with all the HS attitudes and BS which made for some great conversations and a wonderful day. It was very fun and I was so glad that I went.

It's all about the fun, oh and maybe the chocolate - half fast
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostWed Jul 09, 2014 9:10 am 
I still have some good friends that I keep in close touch with from high school. The rest of the people that went to that school hold no interest for me so I don't bother with the reunions.

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostWed Jul 09, 2014 8:22 pm 
I guess that guy in the front center was/is pretty popular--he's got 2 people on his lap... hmmm.gif

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
BeyondLost
Crazy Bob

BeyondLost
Crazy Bob
PostTue Jul 15, 2014 11:35 am 
I just went to my 55th high school class reunion July 4th in Inwood, IA. 25% of the class have died. 50% attended and another 15% sent letters so 90% of the class accounted for. This was only the 2nd reunion I ever went to and I was surprised what a good time I had. up.gif We only had 31 graduates so pretty close bunch and we immediately fell back into joking and banter as if we were still in school. Yeah, 72-73 year old wise guy kids! :hockey grin: Yup, that's me in 1959, right upper corner. Hair was not white then. clown.gif