Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Trail car? Would you buy it?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic

Would you buy it?
Yes!
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Perhaps
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Not likely
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
No way
55%
 55%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 27

touron

touron
PostTue Sep 09, 2014 7:17 pm 
Toyota's Urban Utility concept car.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Sep 09, 2014 7:35 pm 
No ground clearance to speak of down.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostTue Sep 09, 2014 7:53 pm 
Pros: Cool design, lots of space, durably built. Cons: Not intended for rough loads (no high clearance), no windows in the back (would not be a fun ride for more than two people). Perhaps the biggest con would be how attractive it would be to criminals at trailheads; the Ipad on the dashboard, space age seats, and general eye catching design would make it a choice target.

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker

boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker
PostTue Sep 09, 2014 9:00 pm 
What part of URBAN do you not understand? rolleyes.gif I like vehicles that go for a different design approach and don't follow the crowd. Heck, I owned a Honda Element for many years. The Toyota might be OK for Urban use, but nothing about it looks like it would be a good trailhead car, that I can see. And the ground hugging low clearance just clinches the deal. I am not even sure how it would do for urban. It looks like driving it is one big blind spot. Be sure to get the back up camera option....

friluftsliv
touron

touron
PostTue Sep 09, 2014 9:16 pm 
Yes, but doesn't the Riverside Baker say he can get his Prius up to 99% of the trailheads? This car is very roomy. It looks like seats can be moved/removed. It will probably have enough cameras on it that one can leave their DLSR at home.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Sep 09, 2014 9:36 pm 
The ramp on the back could be useful with older dogs... Looks like a very useful urban vehicle for moving furniture and appliances in a more compact format than a delivery truck.

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostTue Sep 09, 2014 10:42 pm 
I have gotten my lowered WRX to every trailhead I've attempted to go to. It was even better before I lowered it, but still quite capable as-is. Occasionally the exhaust pipe or transmission (lowest things under the car) scrape a little, but no big deal. Here it is crossing Scatter Creek. Sorry, I don't have any way to embed it... https://www.dropbox.com/s/c53sz2qxwqpa4gf/WRX-Scattercreek.mp4?dl=0 Still, I wouldn't be interested in that Toyota thing. I'd rather have a hatchback or a small SUV than that, but then I don't have a business selling fixies to hipsters either...

Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor

Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor
PostWed Sep 10, 2014 5:53 am 
with the increased probability of TH break-ins, why would anyone want a nice looking vehicle to drive? Perhaps it's bigger inside than the cramped exterior view portends, but it doesn't speak "TH vehicle" to me.

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt.
tigermn

tigermn
PostWed Sep 10, 2014 8:16 am 
It's tries to do a lot but none of it very well. As others have stated Urban.. It is not really designed to be a trailhead vehicle (can't really call it a car). If I was going to buy something to be a trailhead vehicle primarily, one of the primary requirements is above average ground clearance. I don't see that here. Basically a modified Scion xB. No thanks...

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Sep 10, 2014 9:07 am 
Ski wrote:
looks like maybe they hired some Pontiac design engineers there? it's ugly enough somebody will buy it.
Walter White wink.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
n16ht5

n16ht5
PostWed Sep 10, 2014 9:14 am 
look, they remade the El Camino with a convertible top lol.gif

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostWed Sep 10, 2014 9:49 am 
this is a trail head vehicle...
when people beg for money at a gas station I just point to my vehicle and they walk away no questions asked... I leave it with doors unlocked, coil wire in my pack, wheels turned and steering wheel locked. I've left it at trailheads for weeks at a time as it is my end of the loop vehicle. Oh yeah, it can go anywhere.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Sep 10, 2014 10:22 am 
I wonder how long that glass roof would survive if it was used daily in the woods?

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
tigermn

tigermn
PostWed Sep 10, 2014 10:57 am 
coldrain108 wrote:
this is a trail head vehicle...
Now we're talking. I'd just hate to drive something like that the 95% + on pavement for the last 5% of the trip on the crap roads but that's just me. I guess I like a little more creature comforts/fun to drive for the commute and will take my chances with whatever vehicle that I own and choose to drive. Not saying your vehicle isn't reliable. I have no idea, but typically beaters are beaters in more ways than one and can leave you with that, will it actually get me there or get me back reliably. Something I prefer to minimize. So far so good on my normal vehicles. Never had a break in or vandalism issue at a trailhead.. Not that it can't happen but I'll take my chances at least until it goes I guess. No point in letting low lifes force you to make compromises. Now maybe if I personally have issues I might change my tune but for now... Knock on wood...

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostWed Sep 10, 2014 12:39 pm 
the old rust bucket is great in among the other cars - they all keep their demonstrations of gainful employment far away as they know that the ugly car wins - and who knows how much insurance I have. Truckie is pretty much a 55 in the slow lane vehicle for getting to the dirt roads. I use a huge vehicle for my commute:
PS - my mechanic is a wizard and keeps my trusty steed in tip-top shape.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.