Forum Index > Partners > Silver Lake/Poodle Dog Pass 9/12 to 9/14
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Highwalker's Daughter

Highwalker's Daughter
PostWed Sep 10, 2014 4:06 pm 
Looks like friends may have all bailed. Don't want to miss out on great weather but kind of hoping for company. Get off noon on Friday and heading out to TH and planning to get to Silver Lake around dinnertime. Bringing my shih tzu. She's pretty decent. Can meet people in Snohomish or Granite Falls.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Triciaann777

Triciaann777
PostWed Sep 10, 2014 10:22 pm 
If things go well, I can go somewhere on Sat,

Tricia's Mantra You were made to move,
Highwalker's Daughter

Highwalker's Daughter
PostThu Sep 11, 2014 7:59 am 
I'm heading up there in the afternoon Friday. You can find my orange Marmot tent at Silver Lake. Would welcome other people. Looks like one friend may actually make it Fri night, but the more the merrier!

Triciaann777

Triciaann777
PostThu Sep 11, 2014 2:10 pm 
My intention is to at least get to twin Lakes, and take quality pictures.....

Tricia's Mantra You were made to move,
Highwalker's Daughter

Highwalker's Daughter
PostThu Sep 11, 2014 4:00 pm 
Ok. Twin Lakes starts at Poodle Dog Pass. Silver Lake is just below the pass so say hi if you can.

Lilredexpress

Lilredexpress
PostFri Sep 12, 2014 1:22 am 
I've always wanted to go up there, is that to rugged to take a dog up there? I've seen past trip reports with dogs but I always thought it was to much scrambling. Am I wrong? I am going up to Upper Wildcat lake tomorrow or I would go over there. I am leaving at noon tomorrow to hopefully beat the crowdsand get past snow lake. I am trying to hit every weekend of this extra nice weather, so I may be able to catch you next trip. Is tempting though, I am packed up and ready to go, just need to Sleep on till 10am, ( I work nights) Pull on boots and slide pack in the car, I could actually make it to Barlow passby 1pm or earlier from my house. I will ponder it till morning. I would be solo plus one Golden Retriever. Dang I flip flopped locations all week, and decided last night. I bet your destination will have a lot less people then my current one. So many places to go!!! Need more time off.

Highwalker's Daughter

Highwalker's Daughter
PostFri Sep 12, 2014 7:46 am 
I was just at Upper Wildcat last weekend. It was lovely. Hopefully, you can get the spot just as you come out of the bushwhacking boot path - only .5 mile from lower Wildcat so not so bad. It was the primo spot up there! From what I've read, getting to Silver Lake is easy for dogs. Twin Lakes involves some routefinding and some spots with a not so great trail but still doable with a dog it sounds like. Glacier Basin trail sounds a bit hellish for a dog potentially. Last TR on WTA person said his dog did it, but I don't want to try to get mine up there through spots you have to pull yourself up with a rope. Someday I would love to get there but won't bring the pooch. I'll know more after my weekend up there. I've been to the townsite several times. Gothic Basin has some hard parts for dogs where you have to help shove them up but doable.