Forum Index > Partners > Enchantments
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
General ****

General ****
PostThu Sep 11, 2014 2:31 pm 
I have a reservation from the USFS, for the Core Enchantment Zone, Oct 6-12th. I have never been there before and made the reservation just in my name. Does anyone know if another person, or 2, can be added to this? Thank You, General ****

The General primarily backpacks solo.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
yukon222

yukon222
PostThu Sep 11, 2014 3:09 pm 
I haven't changed a permit before but according to their website, it looks like if you have NOT printed your permit yet, you can add up to the Maximum 8 people permit up to 8 days prior to your trip. Have to pay the $5 per person/per day fee. http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/okawen/passes-permits/recreation/?cid=stelprdb5406246

General ****

General ****
PostThu Sep 11, 2014 3:49 pm 
Thank you, I appreciate your reply . No, I haven't sent for the permit yet. I thought I might wait to see if anyone was interested. I am planning on entering from the Snow Lakes Trail Head. I will most likely spend the first night at Snow Lake, or a lake nearby. The permit is for (all zones). My wife can't make this trip, and I may be interested in having another person, or two along. I am a retired government employee, (60), and have 6 grand children, 2 sons & 2 wonderful daughter-in-laws. I mention this because, (I know), I would want to know a little bit about someone before I even considered going with them... I'm one of the good guys. General ****

The General primarily backpacks solo.
gb

gb
PostMon Sep 15, 2014 12:01 pm 
I would have been interested but just got back. The larches haven't hardly shown any sign of turning yet. If the fall stays warm and dry colors could easily hold on, barring wind. We went up Asgaard, probably 6 hours or so to treeline in the Upper Enchantments. We went down Snow Lakes in about 6 hours. If you find another with a second car, I'd do it that way. The trail to and above Colchuck Lake is tedious and rough, easier to go up than down. By doing a loop, it makes it more interesting. Don't give up on finding a 2nd, there is plenty of time. And don't hesitate to go alone, weather permitting.

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostMon Sep 15, 2014 6:52 pm 
I (and possibly 1 friend, a gentleman about your age) might be interested in joining you. I'll PM when I know more. Scratch that. 7 days is too long for him to be gone.

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin