Badger
PostFri Sep 19, 2014 6:45 am 
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
IanB
Vegetable Belayer

IanB
Vegetable Belayer
PostFri Sep 19, 2014 8:25 am 
lol.gif (Whoops, not PC to laugh. shakehead.gif ) Made me remember this gem: Do dogs go to heaven?

"Forget gaining a little knowledge about a lot and strive to learn a lot about a little." - Harvey Manning
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Sep 19, 2014 10:13 am 
Do not ever read, A Dog's Purpose or is it The Purpose of a Dog. If you do, have boxes and boxes of Kleenex handy. There was a sequel in the library. I looked at it and put it back. Too sad.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
wolffie

wolffie
PostFri Sep 19, 2014 10:42 am 
This is a very real concern for pet owners. I was a bit disappointed to find it unaddressed in the Left Behind series (LaHaye and Jenkins, not to be missed -- at least vol. 1 -- I have heard it outsold Harry Potter). If all the suffering in this Vale of Tears is some retribution for or consequence of Adam's fall, so be it, but it seems hard that the animals can't be left out of it. They're innocent, as far as I can see. My friend Sue knew she was dying. First concerns in her will: her dog, her cat, her horse (she had no other family left, 'cept us climbing bums). Everything else was an afterthought. Whatever a soul might be, I don't think many people who have been owned by a dog doubt that they have one. I just googled "Will I See My Doggie in Heaven?", hoping to find an old tearjerker CW song, and got a million hits. And if I can't see my doggie in heaven -- um, let me rephrase that: if my doggie is not going to heaven, Someone is going to have some questions to answer on Judgement Day. If I were the Creator, I'd rapture every fleabag who ever peed on a carpet before I bothered with any of these apes who ought to know better, but apparently don't.

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest
PostFri Sep 19, 2014 11:20 am 
If this isn’t a joke, it looks like someone is out to capitalize on the anthropocentric beliefs of others.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Sep 19, 2014 12:26 pm 
According to the sad book, dogs are reincarnated and come back as a dog. So I guess dogs are Buddists?

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Sep 19, 2014 12:29 pm 
Im not easily offended! That said, this crap if turned towards something other than religion that so many other people hold dear would offend the hell out of people and they wouldnt hold their tongues!!!!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Badger

Badger
PostFri Sep 19, 2014 12:46 pm 
My parents are up there in age and this was one of the top issues we covered. My sister (bless her soul) is going to adopt them if they out live the parents. I would think that the majority of pet owners take this into account.

the Zachster

the Zachster
PostFri Sep 19, 2014 3:42 pm 
Cedar has a dog God-mother...it's literally in our will. He will be well loved and cared for if we have to leave first.

"May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am"
wheatie

wheatie
PostFri Sep 19, 2014 6:25 pm 
Pretty sure if any living thing gets to go to any sort of heaven like place based on goodness, my sweet puppy dog will be at the top of the list... cats on the other hand...