Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Many tricker treaters where you are?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic

Many tricker treaters where you are?
Nope, nary a one....Zzzzzz
45%
 45%  [ 25 ]
One two, that's about it
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Three to ten, that's about it
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
11-20
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
20 to 50
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Lots and lots
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 55

Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostSat Nov 01, 2014 12:46 pm 
Ski wrote:
Daniel Chorzempa playing Bach at Our Lady's Church in Breda, Holland
Nice performance. Fun to play with the acoustics like that. I got to do it recently in Toledo Ohio's cathedral organ. It's also fun to whistle this kind of music in certain mountain areas, trying to blend the harmonic echos.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
meandering Wa

meandering Wa
PostSat Nov 01, 2014 3:26 pm 
I have not had a trick-or-treater in years. That does not stop me from buying candy just in case.

Ranger Smith

Ranger Smith
PostSat Nov 01, 2014 5:56 pm 
My neighbors are cannibalistic child soul stealing people so no Trick or treaters here.

I'm a man, I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostSat Nov 01, 2014 7:39 pm 
It's kind of weird, there are a lot of kids around my fairly densely packed city neighborhood but hardly any trick-or-treating on my street. I was planning to be out of the house by 6-6:30 so didn't buy any candy. Didn't end up leaving 'til 8 but by that time only one group of three kids had knocked on my door. I worry about the neighbor kids across the street. they have two boys who are prime trick-or-treating age (the oldest appears to be 9-10 and the younger is 6-8) but they didn't have costumes and spent the evening standing around on their porch, apparently waiting to hand out candy if anyone came by. Don't know why they weren't out themselves. Weird family dynamic there. Dad seems really friendly as does mom. Mom's morbidly obese so she's not going to be walking the kiddos around the neighborhood. They seem to argue a lot, too. At least, I hear mom yelling at dad pretty frequently, and occasionally at the kids. He's a soft-spoken guy so never hear him yelling.

Voxxjin
made of hamburger

Voxxjin
made of hamburger
PostMon Nov 03, 2014 9:28 am 
Not sure how many but it was over 50 as we went through almost 6 bags of candy. I didn't remember that many last year.

Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war
Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostMon Nov 03, 2014 6:09 pm 
Malachai Constant wrote:
None as usual at our house, steep driveway, dark streets, houses far apart.
ditto.gif We moved into this house @ the end of Sept./beginning of Oct. last yr., & I bought a bunch of candy & set it outside the front door on Halloween & took off (I'm not a "kid person"). I left the front door light on, & there were orange string lights in the windows. When I returned later in the evening, the bowl of candy appeared untouched. Score! dance.gif This yr. I didn't bother w/any candy, & we took off for a Halloween party around 7:30pm. We had no kids before or after the party, & saw none on the streets until we got down to the base of the hill where there was some sort of event going on w/bright lights & a giant blow-up slide thing. Lots of kids there. This little 'hood is very dark, & mostly occupied by older people who are probably old enough to have kids too old to trick-or-treat. One thing's for sure--I know @ least it's not cold or wet weather around here that keeps the kids away! embarassedlaugh.gif

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
cascadeclimber

cascadeclimber
PostMon Nov 03, 2014 6:55 pm 
We almost ran out of candy and we did run out of the 52 insulated cups we got to hand out spiked cider and hot buttered rum to adults. We probably went through another 30-40 doubled up paper cups after that (some were also used for non-spiked cider and hot chocolate for the kids). We went through all of one of those big jugs of spiced rum. biggrin.gif

If not now, when?
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostTue Nov 04, 2014 11:28 am 
My place is in the sticks, so none at home. But Hood River closes off the main drag in the trendy downtown, and it turns into a sea of costumes and candy at every bidness's front door. I took my boy and after one lap, his candy bag was pretty freakin' heavy. It was actually pretty fun, saw a lot of great costumes. My favorite was the guy suited up as the classic green army man. Green everything, and oddly shiny like plastic, including face and hands of course. He had a kidney bean shaped piece of plywood, also painted green, he carried to use as his 'base', and an assortment of props (not including bazoooka frown.gif ) he'd use. He'd plop the board down, grap a prop, assume the proper pose for the prop (binoculars, radio, or grenade), and then go into statue mode. It was very cool and pretty hilarious.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Nov 04, 2014 11:51 am 
green army man! too funny! years ago I ran out of candy early.... so I started passing out all my green plastic army men and plastic dinosaurs. weird thing was: they loved them! go figure. dizzy.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."