Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Best pizza in every state
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
touron

touron
PostFri Nov 07, 2014 8:42 pm 
Serious?

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
sten

sten
PostFri Nov 07, 2014 9:47 pm 
Kaleidoscope!

SeanSullivan86

SeanSullivan86
PostFri Nov 07, 2014 11:21 pm 
Hah, I've eaten at Serious Pie a few times because I work a few blocks from there. But I prefer Zeeks and probably a bunch of other places as well.

Tom_Sjolseth
Born Yesterday

Tom_Sjolseth
Born Yesterday
PostSat Nov 08, 2014 12:28 am 
Nothing can touch the old Atlantic Street that shut down in the U District. They closed down due to losing their liquor license for selling to under-age college students. After that, they couldn't justify paying the high rent without the proceeds coming in from liquor sales. Zeek's? Srsly?

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostSat Nov 08, 2014 11:44 pm 
I don't care how good or highly rated Tom Douglas' restaurants are, there is no possible way that "gourmet" pizza (which is a ridiculous concept in the first place) is the best in the state. Romios, Northlake, and Pegasus are the high water marks for me.

tigermn

tigermn
PostSun Nov 09, 2014 6:04 pm 
Serious Pie? Never heard of it, then I don't get into seattle much.
Quote:
They’ve turned a humble applewood-fired oven into a gourmet pizza behemoth, blistering some sweet crusts and churning out incredible pies like the clam, pancetta & lemon-thyme pizza.
That's not my type of pizza personally (clam, pancetta and lemon-thyme? YUK). Is that really even pizza? Give me the all meat lovers gut bomb and then you're talking.

touron

touron
PostSun Nov 09, 2014 6:06 pm 
tigermn wrote:
Give me the all meat lovers gut bomb and then you're talking.
But who makes the best gut bomb?

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostSun Nov 09, 2014 7:50 pm 
Their menu is ridiulous. 5 appetizers and 7 pizzas, none of which would I touch. Agree with Tom about Zeeks being overrated. To me, Papa Johns is just as good as 75% of the overpriced nonsense in this town.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun Nov 09, 2014 7:58 pm 
I am partial to real New York pizza, thin crust almost burnt on the bottom, not too much on top so it doesn't get sloppy. Cheap and available by the slice. Best street food in the world. In the five Buroughs the are many places that make it, only posers try to find " the best" it is unpretentious by nature and not terribly "serious".

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostSun Nov 09, 2014 8:26 pm 
Yeah, Zeeks is way overrated. Hiway 20 Pizza outside Winthrop is one of the best pizzas I've had in this state. If you like a thin, crispy crust then Mod Pizza is one of the better choices around here.

Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostMon Nov 10, 2014 11:22 am 
Best pizza I have ever had in Washington was from a place which is now closed: That Italian Place, which was in Grand Coulee.

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Nov 10, 2014 11:38 am 
I'll admit to liking Serious Pie. The clam is actually pretty good. Has a nice spicy kick to it. Best pizza in WA? Not really. But worth checking out. Variety is the spice of life.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Nov 10, 2014 1:11 pm 
The artisanal thing is getting way out of hand. There's this joint called Solstice here which everyone raves about yet I find nearly inedible. All sorts of trendy localvore organic stuff on it, they're leveraging the trustafarian customer base to the max. The patchouli stank wafting from some of the wait staff just adds to the ambience, I guess. Whatever. If you're going to spend that kind of money, Pizzacato at the west end of Hood River (just before the Walmart) has a waaay better pie.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostMon Nov 10, 2014 1:50 pm 
I took a friend from California to a pizza joint in Boston's north end, he tried to order pineapple on a pizza, I thought they were going to throw us into the harbor...with cement attached to our feet...justifiable homicide. I had to do some fast talking to get them to serve us after that - explained that the heathen was from CA - they understood - and sympathized. In Boston, stick with pepperoni or fungi if you know what's good for you. And by fungi I don't mean the Northlake Tavern style where they pile 10 pounds of undercooked garbage mushrooms on a doughy piece of tomato covered sponge bread - wretch! I guess after a pitcher or two it doesn't matter anymore but that was the worst pizza I have ever encountered. They are all about "more is better" instead of "better is better". Zeke's - only the regular pepperoni is tolerable, and only from the Ravenna shop, all the other crap is blasphemy. Otherwise, the best pizza I've had in WA came from the freezer section of the grocery store. Pizza is one of those things I go out of my way to get when I visit my brother back east.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Nov 10, 2014 1:59 pm 
So, you don't really have any strong feelings about your pizza is what I'm getting. tongue.gif

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers