Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > How old is your phone?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic

How old is your phone?
22%
 22%  [ 15 ]
16%
 16%  [ 11 ]
19%
 19%  [ 13 ]
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
2001 or less
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
2000 or
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Phone? We don't need know stinkin' phone!
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 68

touron

touron
PostSun Nov 16, 2014 10:41 am 
Flip is the new chic. Is your phone old enough?

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chico

Chico
PostSun Nov 16, 2014 2:39 pm 
Tried a Motorola flip-phone briefly. Very briefly. Problem was, I was too used to my bag phone. A full 3 watts of output. Reach out and touch someone! Very disappointed with the flip-phone. I ended up selling it and my older bag phone to a friend. Took the money and upgraded to a newer model bag phone.

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostMon Nov 17, 2014 1:27 pm 
I had a razor, after just about exactly 2 years it died. Then I got a first generation touch screen gizmo - 2 years then it died. Now I have a 2 year old smart phone, the headphone jack just croaked and the charger port is starting to act funny. Every 2 years I get another FREE phone, slightly better than the last one. I beat them to death. I would NEVER, EVER pay for a phone. I use it for work and play. It is my day planner, my rolodex and my alarms pager. It is my music player, my camera and my shopping list. I have never accessed @$$book or any of that prattle from my phone even though it tries hard to get me to. My #1 concern has always been battery charge length - the old razor would have a dead battery after one 1/2 hour long conversation. The next one would allow me to listen to music for about 45 minutes before it died. The smart phone actually holds its charge all day even under heavy usage. So there has been some worthwhile advancement.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
mike

mike
PostMon Nov 17, 2014 2:19 pm 
Kellogg Redbar
Kellogg Redbar
Works when the power goes out.

Redwic
Unlisted Free Agent

Redwic
Unlisted Free Agent
PostMon Nov 17, 2014 6:04 pm 
Even better than the real thing:

60 pounds lighter but not 60 points brighter.
marta
wildflower maven

marta
wildflower maven
PostMon Nov 17, 2014 8:37 pm 
Carrying two phones is the new black. Flip phone for talking and smartphone for 'google-researching, summoning Uber cars and paying bar bills (with the TabbedOut app)'.

Jaberwock

Jaberwock
PostMon Nov 17, 2014 9:44 pm 
coldrain108 wrote:
I would NEVER, EVER pay for a phone.
You pay for your phone every time. The price of your phone is subsidized into your per month price unless you buy your phone outright. You pay for it one way or another... Only thing that NEVER, EVER happens is a telecom corporation giving something away for free.

touron

touron
PostMon Nov 17, 2014 9:50 pm 
Interesting how many people have relatively new phones. I have been thinking about getting a new one as the buttons on my present phone are kind of wearing out. I also went to replace the battery and the guy at the mall store looked at my phone and the battery that went with it and then said something like, "Well we can replace the battery, but for the price of a new battery you might as well get a new phone." I'm not quite sure what he exactly meant by that comment, but I think it means that it is time for an upgrade. Possibly a couple new cans, maybe a new string. lol.gif

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Conrad
Meadow bagger

Conrad
Meadow bagger
PostMon Nov 17, 2014 10:16 pm 
In my experience (with cheap dumb phones), the price of a battery is in fact similar to a whole phone.

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostTue Nov 18, 2014 10:11 am 
Jaberwock wrote:
coldrain108 wrote:
I would NEVER, EVER pay for a phone.
You pay for your phone every time. The price of your phone is subsidized into your per month price unless you buy your phone outright. You pay for it one way or another... Only thing that NEVER, EVER happens is a telecom corporation giving something away for free.
sorry - wrong! If I upgrade to say a Samsung Galaxy S5 I pay 200$ for the phone and then 110$/month for the plan. If I upgrade to a Motorola - Moto X (2nd Generation) for 1$ and pay 110$/mo for my family plan how am I paying for the phone?
touron wrote:
Interesting how many people have relatively new phones.
every 2 years I get an upgraded free phone as long as I keep my rate plan - which has significantly decreased in cost over the last year, even with increased service and more gb's of surfable data. I love competition.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Nov 18, 2014 10:22 am 
You can get a burner at Wallysworld for $10 and 6 mo service for $20.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostTue Nov 18, 2014 1:52 pm 
My old Iphone 3 just keeps ticking along, so I just keep using it. Haven't had any issues with it.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Voxxjin
made of hamburger

Voxxjin
made of hamburger
PostTue Nov 18, 2014 2:09 pm 
coldrain108 wrote:
If I upgrade to say a Samsung Galaxy S5 I pay 200$ for the phone and then 110$/month for the plan. If I upgrade to a Motorola - Moto X (2nd Generation) for 1$ and pay 110$/mo for my family plan how am I paying for the phone?
Because in the service plan X amount is paid towards the cost of the 'free' phone. The reason you are paying $200 more for the S5 is that phone costs more, likely $200 more than what the 'free' phone would normally cost on its own.

Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Nov 18, 2014 7:36 pm 
I think we paid a dollar for the used trimline touch-tone in the kitchen. Tried to find a date on it, but no luck. I'd guess 20 or 30 years old, maybe. Works just dandy. wink.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
kbatku
Questionable hiker

kbatku
Questionable hiker
PostTue Nov 18, 2014 7:42 pm 
Motorola V262
Motorola V262
Motorola V262
(2004) Cost me $10 - 20 on Ebay, makes calls from anywhere, toss it when it wears out (they last forever).