Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Arts UNPLUG
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
rhughes
Painter

rhughes
Painter
PostMon Dec 29, 2014 7:31 pm 
Due to my age, health issues, and business decline I am quitting my art biz at the end of this year. I am 72, last December I was smacked with congestive heart failure, and when Glacier Park, Inc. lost its in-park concession I lost 75 percent of my art income. I want to take this opportunity to thank all of those who supported me in my art endeavors over the past 10 years. It has been fun and a good ride. Although all my websites are going dark as of January first, I have posted most all my artwork to my flickr account at https://www.flickr.com/photos/76135446@N00/sets/. Although I am not allowed to sell art through this site if anyone is interested in knowing about the artwork they can email me via my flickr account, or PM me through this list. Happy trails. roy

rhughes Painter Author of North Cascades Beautiful: An Artist's View Author of 100 Beautiful Views of Glacier National Park RoyEHughes.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
the Zachster

the Zachster
PostMon Dec 29, 2014 8:15 pm 
Roy...I am so sorry to hear about your health challenges as well as the end of your art business frown.gif I've always admired your work and have, for no good reason, put off obtaining a print or two. I think what I enjoy most about your work is that you portray places and things that I love. So easy to identify with... Best wishes on whatever comes next on your journey! smile.gif

"May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am"
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostMon Dec 29, 2014 8:25 pm 
That is a major bummer. I appreciate you sharing your art over the years.

Schroder

Schroder
PostMon Dec 29, 2014 8:54 pm 
Sorry to hear this Roy. I've enjoyed your work over the years and appreciate some of the more obscure places you've painted that I've recognized. I remember a display you once had at the Snohomish Library. Good luck to you.