Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > How to get rid of cat killing birds at my feeder
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
GrnXnham

GrnXnham
PostMon Jan 12, 2015 7:25 pm 
We had this cat that kept showing up to poop in our flower bed. The smell was getting pretty bad and I kept stepping in it while working in the flowerbed. It was getting really annoying. Since my dogs were kept inside and in the backyard, they were unable to keep the cats out of our front yard flower bed. One day I caught the cat in the act as I opened the front door. The cat didn't run. I called my two dogs out the front door. The cat ran. My two dogs chased that cat until they were out of site. A few minutes later my dogs came "prancing" home. They were acting very proud of themselves. One of them had a tuft of cat hair hanging out of it's mouth. Never had a problem with that cat in our flower bed again.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Jan 12, 2015 7:37 pm 
Have you tried cat yodeling? It's at least mildly annoying to the cat, not sure if it's enough of a deterrent to drive them away. I've tried it, it's pretty dang funny! http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCsQtwIwAw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOM_soUJ9In0&ei=XYS0VICFPJHqoASA4oDYCA&usg=AFQjCNFPEc-Y6urvwn0fjsxrVmxT_YlGjA&bvm=bv.83339334,d.cGU

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Jan 12, 2015 7:42 pm 
I thought this thread was about cat killing birds, maybe Great Horned Owels or Golden Eagles at a feeder stocked with little fluffy kittens. waah.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Jan 12, 2015 8:17 pm 
wheatie wrote:
So, how will you feel if my dog kills your cat because in came in my yard? What if my dog just seriously injured the cat? Will you pay the vet bills or will you expect me to?
Obviously I would feel very bad since I love cats, but I would not blame your dog or hold you responsible, that would make me as idiotic as the cat haters on this thread. Besides, my cats aren't stupid enough to enter a yard containing a dog, duh.
wheatie wrote:
If I get pregnant will you do my gardening since pregnant women shouldn't be around cat sh##?
Sure, as long as you share the bounty.
wheatie wrote:
If a neighborhood child becomes ill from cat sh## are you going to pony up for the medical bills?
Um no, that is ridiculous, since obviously my cats aren't the only ones who crap outdoors.
wheatie wrote:
Are your cats spayed, neutered and vaccinated?
Not even close to being any of your business but yes they are. Wow, sure are a lot of cat haters here who also have very little knowledge or acceptance of the feline ways.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.