Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Outdoor weddings and finding an officiant
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
crazyhiker

crazyhiker
PostSun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 am 
Does anyone have experience with this? We are planning on getting married in Long Beach near Oregon. We would have a small ceremony outside on the beach. However, we seem to be having difficulty finding an officiant who is willing to make the 3 hour drive over there from Seattle. Ideally, we would have someone from the Seattle or nearby area because we plan on having another ceremony for family a few weeks later. If you have any recommendations/experiences, please share them!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostSun Jan 11, 2015 11:18 am 
Bring a friend. It's pretty easy to get ordained.

PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostSun Jan 11, 2015 2:20 pm 
I think it is even easier to get license to do simple civil ceremonies. My daughter and her hubby got married up on top of Mt. Constitution over in the San Juan Islands by a friend they brought along that had a license to do that.
wedding
wedding

CC
cascade curmudgeon

CC
cascade curmudgeon
PostMon Jan 12, 2015 11:14 am 
My wife and I were married at Lk. Valhalla about 12 years ago by a FS ranger friend of ours. Well actually the ranger had to get ordained in the church that Yana linked. You also need two witnesses. The officiator can also get his sins forgiven online by the same church before the ceremony. I guess there is some kind of message in the fact that a federal officer can't legally marry you unless he gets a certificate from a "church," but I'm not sure what it is.

First your legs go, then you lose your reflexes, then you lose your friends. Willy Pep
evergreen199

evergreen199
PostMon Jan 12, 2015 11:32 am 
We actually did just what you are planning (a small ceremony on the beach with a few friends/family, then a larger celebration with another ceremony for everyone else) a couple of years ago. We had a friend get ordained by the church at Yana's link to perform our legal ceremony on the beach and it was a very easy process and the wedding was wonderful. Then we had another friend officiate at our larger celebration, but since we were already married he did not have to be ordained. It doesn't matter which of your ceremonies is legal so you could do the reverse if it's easier.

Daryl
Big Shot Economist

Daryl
Big Shot Economist
PostMon Jan 12, 2015 11:43 am 
Yana wrote:
Bring a friend. It's pretty easy to get ordained.
Yep, have a friend or family member do it. It's easy. Or, check Astoria. Has to be someone there willing to drive over the bridge?