Forum Index > Partners > 2015 Pacific Crest Trail Thru Hike
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Lilredexpress

Lilredexpress
PostFri Jan 23, 2015 1:26 pm 
That's actually a really good idea. I am trying to down shift from doing the entire trail to a smaller portion. I am going to take the weekend to ponder it, Definitely is very doable from a time perspective just doing the Washington PCT. That is actually very appealing. Plus I can probably do it in the prime part of summer and be off the trail well before Sept 1st.. Things I do know, 1. North Cascades are a must in 2015. 2. Want to do some sort of long distance hiking. 3. Keep my job!! smile.gif Wow lots of options, thanks Richard. Heck I could even do the PCT southbound from Canada to cascade locks. Yea I am liking this. Truthfully, I have spent the last 30 days consumed with planning the entire PCT that the last week was a bummer when I realized it was unravelling. I felt like a bum for backing out of it. Glad I didn't advertise it past here or close family.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
RichardJ

RichardJ
PostFri Jan 23, 2015 1:41 pm 
Good to hear. My daughter and her boyfriend will be doing the whole PCT this year. She hiked from Rainy Pass to Manning Park with me and that was enough to inspire her to do the whole thing this year. We learned many things that just never came up in all our dayhikes or 1 and 2 night overnighters. I knew she advanced to another level when they dayhiked The Enchantments last summer like it was a walk in the park. So much to learn. So much to enjoy! Keep that dream alive..

SlingShot
Slingshot

SlingShot
Slingshot
PostSun Jan 25, 2015 11:37 am 
A PCT update for the class of 2015.
Quote:
Donna L-Rod Saufley This is a sad day for Hiker Heaven. It has come to our attention from a respected source that our existence as trail hosts is causing a bottleneck on the trail, and problems for hosts and towns upstream of us. This is something that we take quite seriously, especially in light of the ever-growing popularity of the trail and increasing numbers. We have always sought to be part of a solution, not cause anyone a problem of any kind. We tried as much as possible through every means to not impact others, only asking the same in return, but alas. We regretfully announce that Hiker Heaven is henceforth closed and will no longer host hikers (except for Trauma and Pepper who I already told okay). A lot of people have gone to a lot of effort to make this place run (more on that later), and I really can't ask them to continue if it contributes to issues on the trail. That would be against my principles, without which I am not who I am. I know that Jeff and my family will find this decision to be a great relief, and I look forward to spending the time instead with my new grandson, horses, and bikes. It's been a grand 18 years, and changed my life. I thank you all for the gift of your friendship, and letting us be a part of your adventure. I will be taking our website down, and recommend hikers send their boxes to Acton Post Office, which is where I will forward any boxes received. You can camp at the Acton KOA ($15 per night). Wishing you all the best.
More info from PCT-L Here

Take only photo's. Leave only foot prints. Waste only time. John Muir http://www.flickr.com/photos/dogntallgrass/ https://www.facebook.com/marc.mallang
Brucester

Brucester
PostSat Feb 07, 2015 12:25 pm 
There's always the CDT or the Great Divide Trail.