Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Feb 11, 2015 11:04 pm 
Schenk wrote:
treeswarper wrote:
A big Doug fir.
A big Doug fir.
I wonder if he was thinking "Damn, that's a nice tree, where is the matching fire hydrant?"
Well, almost as good. I was out visiting friends, the weather was nice, my friend was building a campfire, and The Used Dog lifted his leg and got the fire pit wet. BAD dog...bad bad. Beautiful night for a campfire too.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Voxxjin
made of hamburger

Voxxjin
made of hamburger
PostWed Feb 11, 2015 11:11 pm 
venom wrote:
Look, unless the dog is acting aggressive towards YOU (or a human companion), there's not much you can do legally.
Washingston state law may allow you to defend your dog. You might only have to claim you were afraid that the dog would attack you next (self defense). I tried looking it up and couldn't find anything definitive. I did find one story where a guy killed a dog that he claimed was attacking his. At the time of the story, they guy had not been charged. http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/pit-bull-fatally-stabbed-auburn-dog-park/nbcfj/

Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war
venom

venom
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 7:50 am 
Voxxjin wrote:
Washingston state law may allow you to defend your dog. You might only have to claim you were afraid that the dog would attack you next (self defense).
OK, you convinced me lol.gif Dog owners, feel free to blaze away! guns.gif

hikerman

hikerman
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 10:14 am 
Acceptable? Or do they both need to be holding each others leash?

JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 11:43 am 
Leash 'em!
Leash 'em!
Leash 'em!

Daryl
Big Shot Economist

Daryl
Big Shot Economist
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 11:59 am 
Not a lawyer, but a dog is considered property and in WA you can not use lethal force to protect property. If you are scared for your own life or other humans, or a felony is being committed, you are good to go.

venom

venom
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 12:56 pm 
JonnyQuest wrote:
Leash 'em!
Leash 'em!
Leash 'em!
Nice! Here's another place you may want to hang out: The Childfree Life disclaimer: I have not logged on to that site, but I'm sure it's full of complete losers and freaks lol.gif

rbuzby
Attention Surplus

rbuzby
Attention Surplus
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 1:53 pm 
Dogs are not allowed on any Seattle park beach except for one at Magnuson park. But you still see lots of dogs on the beach at places like Carkeek park and Golden Gardens. Off leash of course. There was something in the Seattle times about it, and dog owners were posting there saying they don't care if dogs aren't allowed on the beaches, they pay their taxes, so they are going to ignore that ordinance. I just wish the Parks department would send just one person to one of those beaches for just one day to hand out tickets. The sign people walk by to get to the beach says "no dogs on the beach $500 fine". I can dream.

I'm Pysht

I'm Pysht
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 2:17 pm 
rbuzby wrote:
But you still see lots of dogs on the beach at places like Carkeek park and Golden Gardens.
Less than two years ago I took my kids and dog to Carkeek Park. Dogs weren't allowed on the beach, on any of the trails, or near the playground. We couldn't do much at all, so we left and returned to Snohomish County, where life for dogs is much better. My kids now hate Seattle because Seattle hates dogs.

Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 2:30 pm 
mike wrote:
Is it time for more photos of dogs running off-leash yet?
Almost any dog photos are good in my book! If it takes another "off leash" thread, then so be it. I enjoy other people's dogs vicariously and have always wanted a pup of my own but I have never had the space and time for one to be happy and properly entertained.

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
venom

venom
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 2:54 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
The joy of their companionship is worth the sadness towards the end. Something the "no dogs on trails" folks will never get.
I thought this part of your post was curious. I dub thee: "Captain Myopia" lol.gif You do know that there are probably a LOT of dog owners that are not hikers, right? Is it not possible for them to enjoy the companionship of their dog? On the flip side, I'm sure there are dog owners that ARE hikers, but choose to hike and leave the dog at home. Possibly out of respect for other hikers they will encounter. Do you write your own moral code? Do you expect everyone to think like you think, and to do what you do?

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 3:00 pm 
George Johnson wrote:
rbuzby wrote:
But you still see lots of dogs on the beach at places like Carkeek park and Golden Gardens.
Less than two years ago I took my kids and dog to Carkeek Park. Dogs weren't allowed on the beach, on any of the trails, or near the playground. We couldn't do much at all, so we left and returned to Snohomish County, where life for dogs is much better. My kids now hate Seattle because Seattle hates dogs.
Ranked by Forbes as the 9th best city in the US for pet ownership. Just not good for those who think their dog's $#!+ doesn't stink.
RandyHiker wrote:
Something the "no dogs on trails" folks will never get.
The way you'll get to the point of "no dogs on trails" is if people continue to let their dogs run loose where they are not supposed to. Self fulfilling prophecy. The sign didn't say "Coldrain - you must leash your dog" so I figured they didn't mean me...just everybody else.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 3:47 pm 
TANGENT ALERT:
venom wrote:
I have not logged on to that site, but I'm sure it's full of complete losers and freaks
Sounds like you hold those who don't have children, or can't have children, in low regard. shakehead.gif I suppose you meant that to be humorous, but it fell short of the mark. May your sperm count drop to zero.

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 3:59 pm 
venom wrote:
Do you expect everyone to think like you think, and to do what you do?
No but apparently you do, you seem to believe that your dislike of canine hikers entitles you to exclusive access to trails where they are permitted. If you dislike canine hikers to that degree, stick to national parks where furry beasts are restricted.

venom

venom
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 4:33 pm 
Schenk wrote:
Sounds like you hold those who don't have children, or can't have children, in low regard. shakehead.gif
Not at all. Why don't you go see what that site is all about. I think you'll find it full of losers that hold children in low regard. Quite different lol.gif
RandyHiker wrote:
No but apparently you do, you seem to believe that your dislike of canine hikers entitles you to exclusive access to trails where they are permitted.
I said that? I don't suppose you have a quote handy? crazy.gif Canine hikers? Really? Can we just call them "dogs"? lol.gif