Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Crackdown on leashless dog owners
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Badger

Badger
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 4:40 pm 
Leashes leashes leashes - what about barking dogs and dumb owners? Well, they could lose their house.... shakehead.gif http://news.yahoo.com/barking-dog-could-cost-his-family-their-home-182514181.html

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 5:24 pm 
Badger wrote:
Leashes leashes leashes - what about barking dogs and dumb owners? Well, they could lose their house.... shakehead.gif http://news.yahoo.com/barking-dog-could-cost-his-family-their-home-182514181.html
My sisters live in Anchorage, there and other places in AK have simpler resolution to constantly barking dogs. Dogs left barking in the yard end up dead from a,single gunshot wound. Debarking surgery is a very common procedure. Leashed or not, any where that dogs are permitted, they need to be under control. I've encountered plenty of leashed dogs that exhibit very aggressive behavior towards people and other dogs, snarling and snapping. The "pet parents" of such dogs have a messed up relationship with their dog. Dogs expect to fit into their pack in a particular place. Humans that don't assert dominance over their dog have out of control furry beasts. Those that do and take the time to proper train their dog can, where permitted by law, allow their to roam free knowing that the dog will return to their side on command, even if there is a fat lazy marmot whistling from a nearby rock.

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 6:50 pm 
Much depends on the dog as well. My old elkhound just didn't like other dogs. Off leash he was okay, he just ignored them. On leash was a different story - he became very aggressive toward other dogs. He was trained well enough that it wasnt a problem unless the other dog approached too close. I had several incidents with off leash dogs trying to interact with him while running in city parks where leashes are supposed to be employed. I'm all for cracking down on people who flaunt the rules in high use areas like city/county parks. As for recall, elkhounds have selective hearing. Once beyond a certain radius they go deaf. Pretty much any elkhound owner will tell you thats just how it works with them. As much as i loved my elkhounds, there are good reasons why i'm not likely to get another. Having a dog that actually wants to do what i ask him too is refreshingly different.

venom

venom
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 8:22 pm 
George Johnson wrote:
My kids now hate Seattle because Seattle hates dogs.
Great story. It illustrates what's wrong with today's society. Heck, I'm going to take some artistic liberty here and rewrite the ending of the story. Kids: Waaaahhhh dad, why can't we play here? George Johnson: Well kids, dad didn't find out in advance that the park didn't allow dogs. It's MY FAULT. Let's go up north somewhere else. Kids: OK dad. lol.gif

venom

venom
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 8:24 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
Dogs left barking in the yard end up dead from a,single gunshot wound. Debarking surgery is a very common procedure.
Love it! 9mm debarking surgery. Kind of like the guillotine being a cure for a headache lol.gif

venom

venom
PostThu Feb 12, 2015 9:55 pm 
these forms are dead frown.gif

cascadeclimber

cascadeclimber
PostFri Feb 13, 2015 11:06 am 
I am not reading this thread and have no opinion on this matter.

If not now, when?
venom

venom
PostFri Feb 13, 2015 1:24 pm 
lol.gif

rbuzby
Attention Surplus

rbuzby
Attention Surplus
PostFri Feb 13, 2015 4:35 pm 
Venom, you seem needy. There are lots of places on the internet where you could get more action.

33teeth

33teeth
PostFri Feb 13, 2015 9:27 pm 
George Johnson wrote:
rbuzby wrote:
But you still see lots of dogs on the beach at places like Carkeek park and Golden Gardens.
Less than two years ago I took my kids and dog to Carkeek Park. Dogs weren't allowed on the beach, on any of the trails, or near the playground. We couldn't do much at all, so we left and returned to Snohomish County, where life for dogs is much better. My kids now hate Seattle because Seattle hates dogs.
So... because you feel you should be able to take your dog places they aren't allowed, you hate an entire city and allow your insanity to afflict your children? Nice. Just because you love your dog and feel it should participate in all of your life's activities doesn't mean the rest of us should have to participate. I eagerly await my pet Rhino so I can head over to Carkeek Park. Hell, he'll be my service animal on account of my (fictional for the sake of argument) fear of dogs. Can't stop this. Maybe a couple of honey badgers too.

Is that a kind of beer?
venom

venom
PostFri Feb 13, 2015 10:23 pm 
rbuzby wrote:
Venom, you seem needy. There are lots of places on the internet where you could get more action.
Aw, man. Thanks but I'm OK. Don't worry, I spend a good amount of time in the seedy and sordid corners of the web when I'm not here lol.gif I feel like I'm with friends here now. There's already a gal here that wants to take me on a hike... ace.gif Sure this place is dead, boring, and full of losers. But it's OUR place, darn it! cheers.gif

Voxxjin
made of hamburger

Voxxjin
made of hamburger
PostFri Feb 13, 2015 10:50 pm 
venom wrote:
There's already a gal here that wants to take me on a hike...
I hope its not Nordic Princess

Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war
wheatie

wheatie
PostFri Feb 13, 2015 10:53 pm 
33teeth wrote:
George Johnson wrote:
rbuzby wrote:
But you still see lots of dogs on the beach at places like Carkeek park and Golden Gardens.
Less than two years ago I took my kids and dog to Carkeek Park. Dogs weren't allowed on the beach, on any of the trails, or near the playground. We couldn't do much at all, so we left and returned to Snohomish County, where life for dogs is much better. My kids now hate Seattle because Seattle hates dogs.
So... because you feel you should be able to take your dog places they aren't allowed, you hate an entire city and allow your insanity to afflict your children? Nice. Just because you love your dog and feel it should participate in all of your life's activities doesn't mean the rest of us should have to participate. I eagerly await my pet Rhino so I can head over to Carkeek Park. Hell, he'll be my service animal on account of my (fictional for the sake of argument) fear of dogs. Can't stop this. Maybe a couple of honey badgers too.
Seattle businesses might wish they stayed and spent money... I am constantly meeting "service animals". There is a service pit bull that wears a muzzle, a three legged and severely matted pomerianian, a bunny and a mutt of unknown origins that has very poor puke control. ADA is skeery so a service animal is an animal someone say is a service animal that isn't pooping, peeing, barking or biting... too much

venom

venom
PostSat Feb 14, 2015 5:29 pm 
Happy Valentines Day, Dog Owners! Did you kiss your dog on the mouth today? wub.gif Dont forget to toothbrush.gif

Voxxjin
made of hamburger

Voxxjin
made of hamburger
PostSat Feb 14, 2015 8:48 pm 
Mine kissed me at some point today as I got them ready for our 3 mile walk. (no I haven't brushed yet) The dogs wanted to drink out of the nearby pond/swamp but I didn't let them. I think the ducks might poop in there. eek.gif But we did find four snakes and a coyote. But you will be happy to know mine are always leashed. I also didn't see any unleashed dogs.

Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war