Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > It's not about the leash...
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Mar 25, 2015 10:00 pm 

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Mar 25, 2015 10:30 pm 
bruddah Iz! come on, Randy, you know it's all about the leash! how else could we have so many never-ending threads about unleashed dogs?!?!?! dizzy.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Mar 26, 2015 2:48 am 
Look, I like dogs! And I like cats! But Im tired of getting charged by out of control dogs while on the trail! The next time I get charged by an out of control dog on a trail UGLY (things for them) are going to happen! In the end one dead dog and multiple angry humans are going to congregate into and interesting congregation! hockeygrin.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
cascadeclimber

cascadeclimber
PostThu Mar 26, 2015 7:41 am 
Despite nearly overwhelming temptation, I am not taking the bait. Observing from the sidelines with a snack.

If not now, when?
Daryl
Big Shot Economist

Daryl
Big Shot Economist
PostThu Mar 26, 2015 7:45 am 
i wonder how much bacon he has in his pockets?

joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostThu Mar 26, 2015 9:39 am 
Looks like a good trainer. Would love to see him do that with a high prey drive breed, say malamute or husky, with a deer running by; keeping such dogs under voice control in that situation would be an impressive training feat...

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Mar 26, 2015 10:10 am 
dunno about that... there are several videos posted on YouTube of those dogs... check out this one and then tell me that guy doesn't have those puppies under control. wink.gif (sure wouldn't want to have to pay his dog food bill... be like feeding a herd of teenage boys for 20 years.)

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
mmmmmm
ummagumma

mmmmmm
ummagumma
PostMon Mar 30, 2015 7:34 am 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Look, I like dogs! And I like cats! But Im tired of getting charged by out of control dogs while on the trail! The next time I get charged by an out of control dog on a trail UGLY (things for them) are going to happen! In the end one dead dog and multiple angry humans are going to congregate into and interesting congregation! hockeygrin.gif
Nice to see you have a well thought out plan. One could almost say premeditated. dizzy.gif

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostMon Mar 30, 2015 9:09 am 
Doppelganger wrote:
I'll bet Augusto would have formatted that SD card if that little dog had come charging down the trail 2 minutes before it's owner and balling into the middle of Augusto's pack, looking for trouble. I'm sure it would have ended quite differently
That really depends on the dog(s) and its/their temperament. Well adjusted, confident dogs will not react overly aggressively to aggression from other dogs, especially if the other dog is much smaller and presents no real threat. One of my old dogs was actually quite aggressive when on-leash but much calmer and more accepting of other dogs when off-leash. Working theory was that he felt the leash constrained him and he became fearful, OR he went into "protect master" mode when on leash and felt he needed to defend me from any/every other dog.

Daryl
Big Shot Economist

Daryl
Big Shot Economist
PostMon Mar 30, 2015 10:46 am 
Doppelganger wrote:
It's just courtesy I think. Consider how other people see your dogs, not everybody loves them and understands that your dogs are harmless.
That might be asking way too much for a lot of people.

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostMon Mar 30, 2015 11:23 am 
Daryl wrote:
Doppelganger wrote:
It's just courtesy I think. Consider how other people see your dogs, not everybody loves them and understands that your dogs are harmless.
That might be asking way too much for a lot of people.
Unfortunately very true. What Doppleganger says strikes the nail on the head. More courtesy and consideration of others would really change this world...