Forum Index > Trail Talk > Dog poop AND pink flagging tape in one news story
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
venom

venom
PostSun May 03, 2015 2:50 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
Venom what's your excuse for posting exclusively trolling and belittling comments?
Calling for personal responsibility from hikers is "trolling and belittling"? I guess my comments don't follow your agenda.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
contour5

contour5
PostSun May 03, 2015 3:27 pm 
Aspen is awful hoity-toity nowadays. When I lived there back in the 70s, you could just poop your dog anywhere, even right next to the gazebo in the park on Main Street. It was all hippy-dippy and nobody made much of a fuss. In the summer lots of road trash camped out in old miner's shacks down on the river, or in the free campgrounds up the Roaring Fork. I lived for a year in Granny Mac's Snow Chase Lodge at the top of Mill Street, for $80 a month. Those days are long gone. The Prada and Gucci crowd have driven up prices and changed the town forever. The new "locals" - self-entitled wankers and shitbirds from the east coast, mostly, or tech millionaires from one of the silicon zones- now depend on bussed-in immigrant help from Glenwood Springs to clean up after themselves. They have no intention of picking up their turd bags on the way out. They drop the bags because they are lazy, self-entitled slobs; used to having poor people clean up their messes.

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostSun May 03, 2015 3:29 pm 
venom wrote:
Bedivere wrote:
I can't control when my dog craps and he doesn't always do it at the same time every day, and sometimes he does it more than once per day.
Excuses are the enemy of personal responsibility. But I'm sure you're the first one to complain about a crying baby in a restaurant or airplane and demand that the parents take it way, no? shakehead.gif
Did you read anything I wrote, or are you just here to stir up sh##? - heh, see what I did there? tongue.gif Since reading comprehension doesn't seem to be one of your strong points, I'll try again: Given that I can't control when my dog poops I carry the supplies necessary to clean up after him and transport the mess away from the scene so that no one ever has to see a poop bag (or just plain poop) laying around because of me or my dogs. I'm completely at a loss as to how that fails the personal responsibility test, but please do carry on with your insults and snark.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun May 03, 2015 3:55 pm 
venom wrote:
Calling for personal responsibility from hikers is "trolling and belittling"? I guess my comments don't follow your agenda.
The fact that you only post stuff to tear others down and have made no trip reports puts you in the "troll" categoryin my book. Contrast that with Belvidere , who has posted many many trip reports and many posts with the intention of helping others. Your agenda seems to be insulting others, that's a lofty purpose.

venom

venom
PostSun May 03, 2015 4:38 pm 
Bedivere wrote:
Did you read anything I wrote, or are you just here to stir up sh##? - heh, see what I did there? tongue.gif Since reading comprehension doesn't seem to be one of your strong points, I'll try again: Given that I can't control when my dog poops I carry the supplies necessary to clean up after him and transport the mess away from the scene so that no one ever has to see a poop bag (or just plain poop) laying around because of me or my dogs. I'm completely at a loss as to how that fails the personal responsibility test, but please do carry on with your insults and snark.
OK, look. It's not all about you. Your classic excuse really stood out. When someone posts an excuse like that, we take it at face value. It makes us wonder if you DO take the measures you say you did. If you do what you say you do, fine. It's not all about you. It's about all the others and the 600 pounds of dog feces. Get it?

venom

venom
PostSun May 03, 2015 4:45 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
The fact that you only post stuff to tear others down and have made no trip reports puts you in the "troll" categoryin my book. Contrast that with Belvidere , who has posted many many trip reports and many posts with the intention of helping others.
So you're the Dog Lobby Brownshirt. Fine. I'm not welcome here because I haven't posted a trip report, or don't have a dog, or whatever. Sheesh.
RandyHiker wrote:
Your agenda seems to be insulting others, that's a lofty purpose.
Look dude, when someone calls you out on personal responsibility, it's not meant to be an insult. Are you so obtuse as to not get this? When we say "pick up your dog's crap" it's not an insult. Wow.

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostSun May 03, 2015 8:45 pm 
venom wrote:
OK, look. It's not all about you. Your classic excuse really stood out. When someone posts an excuse like that, we take it at face value. It makes us wonder if you DO take the measures you say you did.
"We?" "Us?" Who are you pretending to speak for? Taking something written at face value means accepting it as it is written, not construing it to to be an "excuse" which means exactly the opposite. You're right, this thread isn't all about me, but you chose to make it personal with this little gem:
venom wrote:
Excuses are the enemy of personal responsibility. But I'm sure you're the first one to complain about a crying baby in a restaurant or airplane and demand that the parents take it way, no? shakehead.gif
And then you continued with this:
venom wrote:
It makes us wonder if you DO take the measures you say you did.
This implies that you and at least one other unspecified person are more willing to believe that I'm lying than actually doing what I say I do. You've never met me, really know nothing about me, but your first reaction to something I write is to insult me, disparage my character, and insinuate that I'm a liar. And regarding your comment to RandyHiker - yes, to normal people it *is* insulting when you call their responsibility into question with no basis whatsoever. All you do around here is belittle and insult people. Your username is aptly chosen for it is all you inject into any conversation in which you participate. Here's something you can take at face value: You're an insufferable ass.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun May 03, 2015 8:47 pm 
venom wrote:
Look dude, when someone calls you out on personal responsibility, it's not meant to be an insult. Are you so obtuse as to not get this? When we say "pick up your dog's crap" it's not an insult. Wow.
Now you're just making stuff up to save face -- earlier in this thread I wrote:
RandyHiker wrote:
These make it easy to ensure I always have enough bags -- as my old dog can "go" several times during an eight mile hike. Once she does, I'm careful to walk behind my wife -- so that the stink wafting from the mesh pockets of my pack doesn't reach her nose.
I'm assuming that you're just too self-involved to have bothered reading my earlier post which wasn't specifically directed at you.

MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts
Huge Member
PostSun May 03, 2015 8:52 pm 
well this went off the rails as expected dizzy.gif

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun May 03, 2015 9:00 pm 
MyFootHurts wrote:
well this went off the rails as expected dizzy.gif
I believe that was your intent in making the OP... Hopefully you were moderately amused.

venom

venom
PostSun May 03, 2015 9:18 pm 
Sigh. Just pick up your dog's crap. Or better yet, leave your dog at home and go on your hike without it. Buncha crybaby.gif here

snoqpass

snoqpass
PostSun May 03, 2015 9:47 pm 
MyFootHurts wrote:
No mention of cairns or if the dogs were leashed. I bet some of the poop piles were from trail runners too (anyone remember that thread dizzy.gif ) http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/05/01/aspens-smuggler-mountain-is-full-of-dog-poop-and-it-stinks/
Quote:
There’s something in the air on Aspen’s Smuggler Mountain. It’s dog poop. The smell of dog poop. Here are the details from the Aspen Times, which has been at the forefront of this poop mountain coverage: Last month volunteers scooped up 600 pounds — yes 600 pounds – of dog poop from a mountain trail. Now rangers have had to mark off another 50 or so piles with pink flags.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun May 03, 2015 10:09 pm 
venom wrote:
Sigh. Just pick up your dog's crap. Or better yet, leave your dog at home and go on your hike without it. Buncha crybaby.gif here
It seems that you are the one whining here. Apparently you feel entitled to contribute nothing postitive to the forum, spit venom any anyone you please and not be taken to task about it. Take your venom filled posts on a less genteel forum e.g. Teton Gravity Research and see how far you get with your petty whining and weak insults.

NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostSun May 03, 2015 10:27 pm 
Judging by the majority of his archived posts it appears that Venom has almost exclusively participated in threads about dogs. I wonder if he's just an alt account brought out just to troll threads like this. tongue.gif

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
hikersarenumber1

hikersarenumber1
PostSun May 03, 2015 10:54 pm 
I just wonder who the heck Venom really is. Many lessor trolls have been banned...