Forum Index > Trip Reports > Jack Creek (Icicle Valley) (5/2/15)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostSun May 03, 2015 4:14 pm 
A very mundane forested valley trail, yet....alone in the wilderness on gentle trail on a warm spring day..... wink.gif Given time, one could trek from the Icicle all the way to Ingalls Lake, or the reverse. I kept going, past the cutoff to Trout Lake, to the abandoned Jack Ridge Trail junction. I turned around here, 3.5 miles up-valley. Patches of snow started to appear and Jack Ridge was still covered. The Jack Creek Trail, however, is in excellent shape, and not even any of the usual mud holes. I know that the horse people/hunters do a good of keeping this one open every year, at least as far as Meadow Creek. Beyond that point, I don't think it gets much use. Total solitude in this valley, even on a beautiful Saturday morning. 7 miles RT
Jack Creek
Jack Creek
Jack Ridge
Jack Ridge

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
iron

iron
PostTue May 05, 2015 3:21 pm 
it must be rough living there with all that sunshine and early season warmth...

HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostTue May 05, 2015 6:43 pm 
Looks good. up.gif I have always had an interest in going into Cradle Lake. Do you know anything about the Meadow Creek/Jack Creek crossing to get to that trail? Want to go in there sometime?

wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostTue May 05, 2015 6:46 pm 
I always thought doing Harding from Jack Creek / Meadow Creek would be a good route.

Living in the Anthropocene
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostTue May 05, 2015 8:10 pm 
A nice area indeed! tongue.gif Cradle Lake The creek flow should diminish quickly this year for easy crossing. My son David was up there last fall and I think he even mentioned a log crossing.

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Chico

Chico
PostTue May 05, 2015 10:22 pm 
Get Out and Go wrote:
I know that the horse people/hunters do a good of keeping this one open every year, at least as far as Meadow Creek.
Nothing like horse hooves pounding down a trail. Plus they all carry trail saws.

MLHSN
What goes here?????

MLHSN
What goes here?????
PostWed May 06, 2015 12:46 am 
wildernessed wrote:
I always thought doing Harding from Jack Creek / Meadow Creek would be a good route.
I've had that one on my list for a while. I explored the lower end of the old stock trail and the route looks pretty easy. With my new career change, I might be able to squeeze in a weekday overnighter for that one since I know how much you detest weekends. biggrin.gif It could also make for a nice dayhike as well if we started early.